[/table]
[i].—&* Standing on the beach With a gun in my hand, Staring at the sea, Staring at the sand. Staring down the barrel, I can see his open mouth, But I hear no sound.
[align=center][color=#aaa][size=5px][abbr=.—&* BATS]&&

[align=center]  [ SHE'S NEON, SHINE YOUR LIGHT! ]  
[abbr=perpetual emo phase / college sophomore / taurus / osh-l / msg 4 skype sc discord etc / crows is my best friend - crows]info[/abbr] + thread hub + [abbr=fucc u it was 185 not 186 - eskie ; spills paint whoops i ruined it - fangs ; *handcuffs u to my weird bird foot* - crows ; pee kink - aporia]friends[/abbr]
Rowan was quiet the entire time. She had been picking through the pieces, trying to find one that she really wanted. Finding only two pieces, she took them before sitting down. She looked at Robin when he turned to her.

He wouldn't be mad? Yes he would. But she needed to tell him. He would find out eventually anyway, and she would rather him hear it from her than someone else. Better to get it done now then later.

"I followed the road to the edge of the village. And yes I remained in the trees. No one saw me, I promise. I just... you and the other men talk about it all the time. But never once have any of you allowed me anywhere near it. I just wanted to see it one time."

'Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow a mystery,
but Today is a gift
That is why it is called the present.'
as part of bearbones, you have been vored
.—&* TADEAS JAYNELL DECIERDO
[table]
[/table]
[i].—&* Standing on the beach With a gun in my hand, Staring at the sea, Staring at the sand. Staring down the barrel, I can see his open mouth, But I hear no sound.

[abbr=perpetual emo phase / college sophomore / taurus / osh-l / msg 4 skype sc discord etc / crows is my best friend - crows]info[/abbr] + thread hub + [abbr=fucc u it was 185 not 186 - eskie ; spills paint whoops i ruined it - fangs ; *handcuffs u to my weird bird foot* - crows ; pee kink - aporia]friends[/abbr]
Rowan was rather surprised by his reaction. She had expected him to be angry. She couldn't even count the number of times he had warned her to stay away from the village. Instead of anger however, she only defected shock.

Rowan listened to him stutter a moment before asking her if it was fun. At that, she snorted. "I couldn't bare to live in such a confide place. There's barely any room between the houses, and no sign of trees or anything anywhere. I don't see the apply. The forest offers more protection than it. "

What Rowan said was true. She knew she could never live a life there. It would slowly kill her. But she couldn't deny she was curious. What was that place like? What were the people like there? And what was Tadeas' life like there?

'Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow a mystery,
but Today is a gift
[table]
[/table]

Rowan was too stunned to react. She knew her father hadn't the village, but him begging her not to go there caught her off guard. She knew Robin had seen, done, horrible things. So what could have happened at the village? She wanted to know, but dare not ask. Robin would tell her when the time came.

As he dropped to his knees before her, Rowan took a startled step back. Never in her young life could she recall seeing her father this desperate. It broke her. She didn't like this side of her father. It made him seem exposed, weak, and weakness couldn't be shown in the world they lived in. Without thinking, Rowan wrapped her little arms around Robin Hood in a gentle, child hug. She nestled her head into the side of his neck.

"I won't go near the village again. I promise." Rowan whispered. She meant what she said. So long as her father asked her to, she would remain away from that curious place. Her loyalty was stronger than her curiosity. Even if it meant giving up a friend. Blood came before water.

(I was thinking we could skip ahead six years. Rowan and Tadeas would both be in their teens, and they could run into each other in the forest again)

'Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow a mystery,
but Today is a gift
[table]
[/table]

You're fine and thanks.

Rowan had spent the last six years truly learning what it meant to survive in the forest. After that day, Robin had decided that she was old enough to start learning. She hadn't stopped since.

In what little free time she had, she would find herself wondering about Tadeas. She couldn't help it; she thought they could have been friends. But, he had never returned to the forest. She had never returned to the village.

Currently, Rowan was hunting. She had been tasked with bringing down the deer that would feed them tonight. If she failed, they would go hungry.

Nearing the village, her luck paid out. Before her stood a doe large enough to feed everyone, and to have meat for the following days. Drawing her bow, she fired in one swift movement. The shot was clean, an instant kill. Only then were the footsteps heard. Curious, Rowan began to follow them. She stopped, stunned, when she found their owner. It was Tadeas, after all these years

'Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow a mystery,
but Today is a gift
bump

'Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow a mystery,
but Today is a gift
ahhh sorry !! i'll try to have a reply up today

The Prince and the Outlaw(Private for Sultan)
[table]
[color=transparent]&&
[color=transparent]&&
robin edged himself off the boulder and began to amble around aimlessly. [b]"wolf?" he did fine. wonderful. he couldn't have been prouder. "he was alright. he still needs some work, but he's doing fine." he took off his cap and dusted it off a bit. "if you were here, i'd have taken you out, too." he wanted to laugh. it was [i]funny, goddammit.

he took a seat next to rowan and motioned for her to take a piece. "wolf caught them and told me to give it all to you. eat up." he wasn't sure if wolf had said that, but it sounded like something he would've. the two were inseparable. it was good that rowan had gone out today, or he would've never been able to take the boy out for a hunt. wolf was so protective over his sister that he might as well adopt her himself.

"rowan," he drew his knees to his chest and turned towards her. "listen, sweet, i--" he had to say the truth. he had been blabbering out nothing but nonsense this entire time and it was beginning to get to him. "please tell me where you went today. i won't get mad, or do anything like that, okay? i promise. i just want to know where you went."
[color=transparent]&&
[color=transparent]&&
robin froze. she did -- she did [i]what? [b]"ro--" he cut himself off and nodded - a vain attempt to conceal his shock. he supposed that she would've had to slip out of his reach eventually. "you--" he tried to begin again, but couldn't. his rowan -- his rowan had those kinds of guts? never in his wildest dreams could he have imagined that.

"..if you say so, dear. but --" he grimaced, as if his next words would cause him a great amount of discomfort. "..why, exactly.."

there was nothing too interesting about the village. it was dark, stupid, and dull -- nothing of that sort would interest her. but still, he kept talking about it - preaching that he "stole from the rich and gave to the poor" - so naturally, anyone would be curious.

but..still, why?

"..alright. how did you like it, then? the edge of the village, and all? was it fun?" of course it wasn't fun. why would it be fun? there was nothing damn fun about that place at all. some horrendous sheriff and his pompous people. some dark, stupid, dull, un-funny little place.
[color=transparent]&&
[color=transparent]&&
it was almost as if she had rehearsed this beforehand. it was exactly what he wanted her to say, and somehow, exactly what he expected her to. [b]"doesn't it? that place is," he paused to contemplate his next words. "that place.."

robin glanced off into no particular direction.

"it's a horrible, horrible place, the village." he faced rowan directly for the first time that night. "rowan, i don't want you going there again, alright? you may not understand me now, but please, [i]please," he approached his daughter and dropped to his knees so he was at her level. "the worst experience i've had were at that horrible, horrible village. i don't want to risk you--" he bit his lip. "please don't go there again, rowan. i'm begging you, please."

all of a sudden, he felt submissive and weak. robin had managed to maintain his trademark demeanor the entire night, but as soon as rowan mentioned something he didn't expect, he couldn't help but break down. he didn't want any harm to come to her, no matter how much he made it seem otherwise.
[color=transparent]&&
[color=transparent]&&
/sorry this is so late! and sure, i'll do a timeskip

tadeas hadn't thought to go back into the woods after the time he had six years ago, but he often thought of rowan. he still didn't know where she was, [i]who she was, but he wasn't particularly inclined to find out.

but today, when he was helping the servants with their outside chores, he felt drawn towards the unwelcoming thicket of shrubs that fenced his village.

[b]"i'll be back. i have to..do something." he muttered, figuring that they weren't paying much attention to him anyway. tadeas parted the branches, pricking his fingers on a few thorns. he tried not to flinch as he stepped - stumbled - through them into a small clearing.

yeah, he wasn't expecting to see rowan right away, but he was disappointed. it was dark and musty, and when he thought of going back, he realized that he couldn't exit from where he came from.

god, what had he gotten himself into?
Topic Options