[/table]
hi guys! just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that a plethora of updates are coming. bryne and i are literally the only ones awake right now, (12.51am cst) so much of this will be unveiled in the coming day(s). a bit more patience and compassion is highly appreciated by all, and as always, all staffers’ dms are open to questions/comments/concerns.

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery
yes! they will cover that and much more!! if there is anything missing once it’s posted, ofc do not hesitate to reach out to a staffer for further clarification! it’ll be posted here in this thread Smile

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery
Staff Discussion Updates & Member Input
[align=center][div style="width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 6pt; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height: 12px; color: #000"]Right, so I have a feeling this will be a ramble so please bear with me!

I think that, personally, the only way we are going to bring back activity to the game is if we begin to make changes to how those in TNW live, yet without thrusting the changes upon those who don’t want those changes to affect the way they can interact with the world. Whilst the basis of the game began with The New World - life after electricity went out - it doesn’t mean that people can’t begin to attempt to retrace their steps and reestablish some semblance of a civilised world. Of course, I don’t think that modern electricity itself should be introduced into the game as that would defeat the purpose of this story line, but a lot of advancements took place before the discovery of electricity and yet all of them seemed to crumble when the electricity went out; why can’t the people of TNW begin to work towards bringing these elements back into motion to provide a more civilised way of life?

Before I continue, let me just note that when I say a ❛ more civilised way of life ❜, I don’t mean modern technology as we know it, or even technology in the last 100 years. I mean ancient technology from hundreds of years ago which eventually was developed into what we know today, with help from electricity to modernise old practices. I know that, if I was in TNW, I would want to work towards a more controlled society, but I know not everyone would want that, favouring current life to what generations before had once known. It could create an in-game conflict of interest, bringing a new element into TNW; some people want to modernise their post-apocalyptic world to bring back an ease of living, whilst others don’t want their lives to change as the post-apocalypse has become the new normal for them.

So, I have several ideas which could potentially bring about a new change in the game if people are interested, and the beauty of these ideas is that, if they were implemented, there is no pressure to incorporate it into a group or character’s life. I mean, using a real life example, the world as we know it is highly modernised, yet there are still those who choose to live off-the-grid in rural settlements as they prefer a slower paced lifestyle. We can begin to develop TNW without anyone being forced into going along with it. Perhaps it’s the case where the three established groups (Flintlock, Badlands and Northstar) are the only groups to begin to develop and attempt to revolutionise their territories as, since they have been around for the longest, I imagine they ought to have the greatest population of inhabitants, greatest technologies of their time and greatest wealth etc. which can justify their growth.

Now this brings me to the ideas themselves. Firstly, originally the steam power idea was purely an idea which I was interested in for leisure activities (such as steam powered fairground rides like carousels etc.) but, if it were to be developed into a more generalised idea, I think it could be really interesting to see it used for more essential purposes such as steam powered locomotives or steamboats for somewhat longer distance travel, or steam pumps to collect water from deep underground, providing water which is generally safer to drink.

I understand that the logistics for this would have to be worked out which is understandable as we must maintain realism. Infrastructure would likely need to be fixed or remade entirely, but luckily I think that liquid time and space could make it easier for those in TNW to eventually build a new simplified infrastructure. It has been done before, so I’m sure somewhere out there there are people who can recreate it again.

As for coal, I know that Bluestem has a mine where coal can be sourced if that helps! It could even create a sitewide plot as groups would need coal for revolutionising their way of living, but they’d have to source it from a lawless group that can’t exactly be trusted, creating tensions and conflict.

So yeah! I feel like the three established groups could very well expand their territory to create a greater sense of civilisation. These can be the groups which begin to encourage a self-sufficiency of members where they can begin to choose to provide for themselves, living anywhere in the territory, and yet remain loyal to their region. By region, I mean the three groups claiming a larger expanse of surrounding land to expand their territory. They become regions rather than groups, and the high positions act as governing parties or rulers. Whilst there can still be a great sense of community within regions, it also develops what they know and brings about a gradual change in the game.

Personally, I always imagined the current long-standing groups to be different parts of Northern America; FL towards the north, ND towards the east, LS towards the south, BL towards the west, and BP somewhere in the middle. If they were to begin to establish regions based on their general compass orientation, that would be pretty cool.

It would be interesting to see the three established groups working together to establish a new legal system so that actions can be done based on its legality rather than whether someone thinks it is moral or not. It just raises the stakes for plots and whatnot and unifies IC rules based on what the three established groups have set as laws. Again, this could become another sitewide plot idea - people revolting against this idea (especially those who don’t come from the three groups) as they deem it irrelevant to them. 

Also, Scully, Finny and I have continued to discuss ideas with each other for BL if we were to take on the group, but I think one idea which would be interesting regardless would be the implementation of a monetary currency throughout the game. Of course, bartering and trading should still be encouraged, but the idea of trading goods and services with money would bring a whole new element to TNW. We were discussing an idea where, if our three characters were to take BL on, they can smelt ore and/or recycled metals in order to manufacture some sort of coin which can be distributed between groups to use. But, as a sitewide plot idea, the money is highly governed by the BL as they act as a sort of ❛ bank of TNW ❜ which eventually gives BL a power over other groups as TNW’s ❛ bad group ❜, which creates issues between groups.

I think changes such as these are important as they produce new opportunities for sitewide plots, which can hopefully bring back activity! As others have said (and I know that I may be biased but-) it would be lovely to see us all work together to revitalise existing groups. I am so down to make big changes to the groups that I’m currently leading if it will help bring activity back to the site, but it requires effort from everyone involved. Recently I advertised surveys asking for ideas of what changes people would like to see in the groups in order to bring in activity, but unfortunately I got very little feedback. In order for us to all be happy, we all need to make the effort to make the game enjoyable for us all!

Lastly, in general I agree with the majority in saying it would be nice to focus on what we already have, even if it means implementing big changes to make it exciting for people again. A new group would be nice, but will it create the change needed to bring interest back to the game as a whole? I’m not too sure it is sufficient enough. Many groups tend to come and go without evolving the game too much; I think bigger changes are needed to draw interest back to the game - my suggestions are only a few ideas, but I’m certain there is so much more out there which will liven the game up again.

Just out of interest, what do you mean by a ❛ new creature ❜? And, also, what were your ideas for the new group and biome? I’d be interested in hearing more about it, because maybe it will gather enough interest to kick-start the game again!

I think that's everything covered. Sorry for the ramble! It wouldn't be a post from me if it wasn't one big ramble though, right GHFJHGJKL I'd be interested to hear what people think of these ideas; I think TNW really does need to evolve from its original plot in order to move forward.

[align=center]
I'M BURNING BRIDGES, I DESTROY THE MIRAGE
[div style="width: 400px; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; font-size: 5pt; line-height: 1; letter-spacing: 2.6px; word-spacing: 1.9px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]ALL VISIONS OF COLLISIONS, FUCKING BON VOYAGE — truce.#1303

WRITING &. PINTEREST &. SPOTIFY
can y’all address the issues countless people have been messaging y’all about, like ive sent long ass paragraphs full of complaints and all i’ve gotten is the same message from every staff member.

[align=center]

a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes.
i screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind.
[br]
[align=center][div style="width:500px;text-align:justify; line-height: 110%;"]tracking for now!
bump
how are things going regarding stuff said in this thread?? I was curious to hear what people thought about my ideas but haven’t heard back from anyone as of yet

[align=center]
I'M BURNING BRIDGES, I DESTROY THE MIRAGE
[div style="width: 400px; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; font-size: 5pt; line-height: 1; letter-spacing: 2.6px; word-spacing: 1.9px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]ALL VISIONS OF COLLISIONS, FUCKING BON VOYAGE — truce.#1303

WRITING &. PINTEREST &. SPOTIFY
hey y'all !

yeah i've been mostly lurking this thread, but i've gotta ditto hoot here,,,

maybe you guys are all busy, and if that was the case then everyone would be super understanding about it - though that also requires transparency and telling people that that's what's going on. not leaving everyone in the dark. it's hard to connect with staff when people open up with genuine - and genuinely good - ideas, only to hear radio static from the other end. i mean i have ideas of my own and seeing all these people getting ignored just made me choose not to say anything. that's a serious problem, guys : (

we all want to do what's best for the site. that requires people collaborating and working together to bring about these fun and interesting ideas, though. being staff surely isn't the easiest thing - but also it's not just staff's problem to deal with the site alone; if anything bb activity runs purely off of non-staff members nowadays, so i think it's important to let non-staff not feel left out or in the dark. i think it's important to feel like other members are actually being heard -- or at least acknowledged. this lack of communication is hurting the site and leaving lots of people frustrated.

i tried to put it as nicely as i could, because i'm not trying to be passive-aggressive or mean. i'm not trying to attack anyone or point fingers. at the end of the day, everyone wants open and honest communication. we'd all really appreciate it. thanks. <3
[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: calibri; font-size: 9.2pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Okay for mutual transparency here, I left this site a long time ago and don't ever intend on coming back. But I wanted to step in here and say that what the others have said as of late is really a strong part of what drove me away and I think it's something that staff needs to take a good long look at if they want to avoid this happening to the remaining userbase.

Staff inactivity has been a huge issue for a very long time. The site activity has been used as an excuse for a very long time as well, and ngl that just does not cut it anymore. If anything is ever going to change, every single staff member needs to be involved in this site. No excuses. I remember being staff, and I remember how long discussions would stagnate because people just couldn't wrap it up. And I remember ultimatums and rushing being met with bitterness and excuses.

I'm being blunt here not bc I'm angry at staff but because I want this site to thrive in a way it's never, ever, really done. And doing that means facing the issues head-on and not beating around the bush anymore. These surveys and discussions don't mean anything because they're never followed up on. Nothing on BB lasts more than a week, it seems, because anytime a single person puts in effort it's never been backed up.

BB needs a community first and foremost. Honest conversations, true effort, and people who are eager and willing to put the work into any changes. And that just doesn't happen in any coordinated way. I just want to put my problems with the site out there so maybe the people that are still sticking around will be able to stop these experiences from happening to anyone else, because it sucks. I know that a lot of the people in this thread have poured their hearts into this game and there's just no coordinated effort from anyone, and if nothing's changed since I was last here, there's also just...not a sense of community.

That's the first thing that has to change, before anything to TNW.

Just my two cents, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[align=center]
—–— SAY IT OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU ARE OUT OF BREATH:
[ I WILL NOT MAKE MYSELF SMALL ]
revelations#8754 ---//--- GONE, THANKS FOR HELPING ME GROW
[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: calibri; font-size: 9.2pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Wanna add one more thing and didn't want to edit my post for fear of it being overlooked, but my message was not meant as a personal attack or something directed at any one person. And I don't think this is an issue with just staff. The whole site needs to look past their history with each other, and beyond the site history in general and move forward to make things better. Blaming one person won't do anything. Really, blaming anyone won't do anything. Each person has to seriously take responsibility for their own actions and face them.

Venting behind closed doors or not opening lines of communication at all (or, worse, shutting down or ignoring attempts at opening those lines of communication) just leaves wounds to fester, and I think in the end that's what led BB to where it is today. Own the mistakes, work together, and move past your history with anybody for a better future would be my advice for this.

Genuinely hope all of you have a good time here and do what's best for yourselves. Nobody's ever done growing, and neither is the site. <3

[align=center]
—–— SAY IT OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU ARE OUT OF BREATH:
[ I WILL NOT MAKE MYSELF SMALL ]
revelations#8754 ---//--- GONE, THANKS FOR HELPING ME GROW
i have never personally been involved with staff, but i have noticed the radio silence. it's kind of deterring, and like aureate said, it's not a personal attack. i would like some more involvement with staff and the community as a whole c:

[align=center][align=center]
[align=left]RESIDENT EVIl. bioha7ard
[table]
a
[align=center][abbr=he/they/it]♛[/abbr]when i miss you
a
[align=center]come and kiss me[abbr=19 yrs][/abbr]
a
[align=center]with a smile[abbr=19 yrs]♛[/abbr]
Topic Options