ultraviolence ┊ joining
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: .6px;"]the last few weeks had frankly been the worst time corinne knope had experienced in her last twenty-one years of life. to be fair, that wasn't quite a hard task to accomplish. growing up with everything handed to her on a silver platter and not ever having to feel the need to worry about things, she felt herself being faced with things she never even dreamed about. to be honest, it was a surprise that she even managed to make it this far - she had no experience when it actually came down to living in the aftermath of the apocalypse.

corinne would have been fine with living in her fairytale blissfully unaware of life outside of it, but when teddy's disastrous exit from new orleans left a lot of angry bystanders looking for someone to blame, it landed on the rest of the knopes when he was nowhere to be found. she was soon thrown out into the real world when she was forced to flee her childhood home, finding herself into a seemingly whole new way of life. if it weren't for the many, many people she asked for help along the way, she probably wouldn't have even been able to find out what the badlands was, let alone that teddy had been one of the leaders there.

it was going to be a long set of trial and errors for corinne, but her main goal was just to find teddy. she was distraught being alone for so long, missing the feeling of having a familiar person around. truth be told, it had been something she was missing ever since teddy had left for the badlands. she had tried rekindling it with her parents, but her attempts were always met with a wet blanket that snuffed it right back out. teddy was the one person in the family that she felt she could actually lean on - she had always wanted that with laurent as well, but it was always quite obvious that the eldest cousin had no intentions of building a relationship with her after what happened with their fathers.

as if territory boarders were a foreign concept to corinne, she kept a quick pace as she walked further into the beachside residence. she was dressed in a little pink dress and holding a big fluffy cat up to her chest, looking perfectly out of place in contrast to the cracked pavement and worn down buildings littering the outer parts of the badlands. she couldn't quite picture teddy choosing a place like this to call his home, still unaware to how much of an empire her cousins really built. it wasn't long before she began to see people in the distance, continuing forward as she hugged bijou closer to her chest while the nerves she felt grew.

corinne began to grow increasingly aware of the looks she began to get, deciding to start speaking up before things could go wrong. "i'm looking for teddy -" she started, her blue eyes shifting around to see if anyone could assist her. "teddy knope? has anyone seen him?"

[align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]sometimes love is not enough
and the road gets tough, i don’t know why. — info
[align=center]
If Corrine was porcelain and lace, Nikolai was grime and dirt. He hadn't grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth. His family had not come from money and were middle class citizens, ones who took on the brunt of the apocalypse's effects while the wealthy locked themselves away in their ivory towers and gazed upon the peasants with distaste and relief that they weren't down in the trenches with them.

Thus, resentment towards the rich had been brewing in him since his youth. Teddy, along with that whole Administration, made his blood boil and his eyes roll into another universe with the lavish parties and the extravagant feasts and whatnot. However, Nikolai knew that it would be more beneficial to suppress his true feelings towards the higher-ups and stick it out, just until he managed to have Teddy on his side.

Speaking of Teddy, there was yet another stranger wandering the streets and inquiring about the head honcho. She stood out like a sore thumb — a vomit of pink and sparkly and perfect surrounded by a monotonous landscape of abandoned buildings and cracked asphalt. She looks like an old-fashioned movie character who had just walked onto the wrong set; she even has a ball of fluff held to her chest. This place — this world, even — was no place for an animal in his opinion. It was hardly suitable for humans as it was. How could people afford to care for animals when it was difficult enough taking care of themselves?

"I'm looking for Teddy -" Because of course she was. The man was a fucking celebrity around here; folks from far and wide came seeking him out, though this time a woman has shown up on their doorstep. Could this be an old flame? Nik wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. "Seems like everyone is." Snorts Nikolai, seemingly materializing from the shadows of the adjacent alleyway. The dark-haired man walks forward at a slow but steady pace as he gauges the demeanor and appearance of the woman before issuing a snide comment, "Seems like no one knows how to wait at a border either." Did they have to start upping security around here? The Badlands could become an easy target if it was that easy for anybody to stroll past the borders.

Briefly putting those thoughts on hold, Nik moves on and figures he should address the stranger's inquiry, "But yeah, he's around. Gonna need your name and business here first, Blondie."

[align=center]
* ✰. ━━━━━━━━━━ I MADE A FIST AND NOT A PLAN
CALL ME A RECKLESS WRECKING BALL
[align=center][div style="width: 340pt; font-size: 12px; color: ; font-family: arial; line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: 3px; margin-top: 1pt;"]nikolai ━ made man of the badlands ━ click for tags
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: .6px;"]corinne jumped when someone came from an alleyway, her focus quickly fixing onto him. she couldn't say she was surprised when he made a comment that it seemed like everyone was looking for teddy, he had always been quite popular among people for as long as she could remember - even before he started making connections when she would bring him along to parties. the mention of the border was what made her tilt her head to the side, turning around to look behind her from where she came. "oops.." she could feel her cheeks warming up from the mix up. "i'm sorry, i haven't ever done anything like this, so i didn't even begin to think of that."

corinne's eyes lit up when the stranger said teddy was around, nodding her head eagerly. her free hand raised up to touch her hair after he called her blondie, letting out an amused hum. "my name is corinne!" she introduced herself with a smile. "uh, knope. corinne knope. teddy is my cousin - that's why i'm here. well, not the exact reason, i need his help." while she spoke, her eyes were looking around at everyone else, partially trying to see if she could spot teddy anywhere, but mainly from trying to observe the other residents. when she began to feel uneasy, she felt herself gravitating to stand closer to the stranger who had approached her, deciding that even with his snarky comments his company felt the safest until her cousin made his appearance.

"so, do you live here? is it always so..." corinne's voice trailed off, not wanting to flat out admit that she was scared when she was around so many people. it didn't seem to matter, because it didn't take long until she perked up again and looked up towards him. "oh! what's your name?"

[align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]sometimes love is not enough
[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-size: 7.5pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 2px;"]tw // drunken state , grieving childloss

for the past week leonard had spent his days drunk and wishing for a world where his wife and his daughter were still with him. day in and day out, they plagued his mind. today was an especially rough day, as on this day it would have been his daughter's birthday. he dreaded waking up. he dreaded getting dressed and walking around like everything was fine and dandy when it really wasn't... he should be spending this day with his family, not drunk and sulking over the past.. but he was so tired, and all he wanted was to be with the people he loved most. but the world was cruel and laughed in his face.

so when he stumbled upon corinne and nikolai, it took everything in him not to run and hug the stranger before him. this was just another cruel joke that the world was playing on him, it had to be. she looked almost identical to what he envisioned his daughter to have been had she survived. he stopped a few feet behind nikolai, his mouth parted in a silent gasp and his eyes welling up with tears. he dropped the drink in his hand and walked closer, tilting his head trying to get a better look at corinne. "ellie..?" he mumbled under his breath, squinting. it took a few moments but he finally snapped out of it, dragging his hands across his face and rubbing his eyes. "shit, sorry. i'm leonard. if you're lookin' for teddy, nobody knows where that guy goes. he's like a fuckin' ghost. but if you wanna find him, i wish you good luck."
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
BL ENFORCER
[div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 333px; min-height: 347px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 7pt; color: #000000; line-height: 99%;"]Salem had never fully liked Nikolai, but she had to agree with him. These days, it seemed as though everyone was looking for him, whether it be old friends, or apparently family.

Since it had been a nice day, Salem had taken Jasper out on a walk. Dressed in t-shirts and shorts, she could hardly compare to Corrinne, though she had to admit the cat was adorable. As she approached the group, Jasper reached out a tiny hand, making a grabby motion towards the cat.

Salem didn't have anything to add, really, so she hung around behind the others, though Jasper was less than pleased to be away from the cat. He began to whimper, flailing his arm more wildly towards Bijou, and Salem knew that if she didn't find a fix soon, she'd have a mess on her hands.

"While we wait," Salem cleared her throat and shifted from what foot to the other, "could my son pet your cat?" She blanked on an explanation for the question. This girl wasn't even a member of the group, yet Salem was requesting things of her?

It's alright, Salem gazed down at her son, who returned the look with his bright blue eyes, whatever keeps Jasper happy.
VITALS
> overall status: 100%

> physical status: stable.
> physical health: 100%
> physical afflictions: none yet.
> minor injuries: none yet.
> major injuries: none yet.

> mental status: stable.
> current status: stable.
> mental health: 100%
> mental illnesses: None
> mental damage: None
TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Dark brown hair that varies in shade, pale, blue green eyes.
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
> tall, lanky and a bit awkward physically.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
> medium physically | easy/medium mentally
> non-violent power-play allowed
> no kill | request maim/capture
> ask to attack in bolded, underlined and italicized black
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Lionel King x Melissa Barone
> Son Jasper
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
> Cat Chrisanthymum "Chrissy"
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
> this text + this color = this meaning
I'VE COME TOO FAR TO SEE THE END NOW
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ even if my way is wrong
a small everyone. | beware hidden scrolling
[align=center][div style="width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-family: new times roman; font-size: 8pt; letter-spacing: 2.5px; word-spacing: 1px; line-height: 14px;"]There was rarely a time where Teddy put the needs of others before his own. In his juvenescence, Laurent was the one to look out for him. But then juvenescence became adolescence, adolescence to adulthood. In every stage of his life, Teddy had looked out for himself and himself only. He was the selfish one. He took what he wanted, did what he wanted; there was rarely a time he took other people’s feelings into consideration. It was a fatal flaw perhaps — to never acknowledge his own flaws and yet point out the flaws of others in a heartbeat — but this trait served him well in The Badlands. He was adored by many of those who were able to feed off the crumbs of Teddy’s success, and he was feared all the same by his nefarious means of claiming the throne.

That was why Teddy never even came to anticipate the collateral damage he’d created in his efforts to hold onto the crown. But if he had not been so consumed by his greed, Teddy would never have entertained the thought of putting sweet Corinne in harm’s way.

The pair of them had been nearly inseparable as teenagers, much to their parent’s dismay. Papa and Uncle Jacques had not spoken a word to each other in years, fully intending on keeping their sides of the family apart. But, as Teddy found himself roaming the streets of New Orleans in the hopes of his big break, he had reunited with his younger cousin to reap the benefits of Uncle Jacques’ success. He should have brought Corinne with him to The Badlands, perhaps — if only Uncle Jacques and Aunt Camille had not insisted Corinne stay with them back in New Orleans. Perhaps then Teddy wouldn’t have risked his cousin’s safety in the name of success.

With a delighted skip in his step, Teddy approached the group of Badlanders as he anticipated the very moment he and Corinne would reunite. ❝ A cousin of yours is here. A… Cory Knope? ❞  A Badlander had announced minutes prior, Teddy quirking his brow with surprise. ❝ Corinne? ❞ ❝ Yeah, Corinne — sorry. ❞ Sitting with an eager grin curling at the corners of his lips, Teddy straightened up before huffing to himself, ❝ Huh. Pauve ti bete [sup]1[/sup]. ❞ Now, he barged passed the crowd and pulled his arms open wide as he pulled Corinne into a hug, lifting her slightly off the ground with a laugh.

❝ Mais! Ya Papa finally let you outta your ivory tower, princess. ❞ Teddy teased as he let Corinne back down to the ground gently, using his palm to cup the side of her face. ❝ So where y’at [sup]2[/sup], Coco? What’s it like in New Orleans? Hope it’s not too boring without me there. ❞ Taking a small step back, Teddy began to frown with his brows visibly bunched together before whipping his head around to look towards Nikolai and Leonard, pointing out, ❝ What’re y’all waiting for? Help da lady with her bags. ❞

With that, Teddy then glanced towards Salem with Jasper, lips quirking upwards slightly before he began to walk Corinne into The Badlands territory. ❝ I got so much to tell ya. I eventually found Laurent, yeah?! Turns out he’s now married with four kids, won’t ya believe that? You’ll love his wife, I’m telling ya. And I got a cat! Name’s Maia, she’s a dream. Think she and Bijou are gonna be friends. ❞

[sup]1[/sup] Poor little thing
[sup]2[/sup] How are you?

[align=center][div style="width: 400px; font-family: verdana; text-align: justify; font-size: 6pt; line-height: 1.4; letter-spacing: 0.5px; word-spacing: 2px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]✧・゚: I'VE BEEN IN LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES, DATED EVERY WOMAN IN THE ATMOSPHERE. I'VE BEEN TO EVERY CONTINENT, BROKEN ALL THE HEARTS IN EVERY HEMISPHERE, AND IF I'M NOT THE TYPE OF GUY YOU LIKE TO CIRCUMVENT, JUST REMEMBER NOT TO LOVE ME WHEN I DISAPPEAR. I GRADUATED AT THE TOP, I LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE BOURGEOISIE . . .
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: .6px;"]it wasn't long before another resident made their appearance, dropping a glass which made corinne jump in return. "ellie..?" her eyes were wide and her mouth was open as she began to shake her head, taking a few steps behind her to try and put nikolai between them. "i don't think so - my name is corinne?" she didn't sound too sure about that. what was this place? did everyone just get new names when they arrived or something? did teddy even go by teddy still? he has to - they seemed to know who she was talking about, right? corinne was beginning to grow confusing, letting out an awkward laugh as she hugged bijou a bit closer for some comfort. her head whipped around to another resident, this time being a mother asking if her son could pet bijou."oh.. sure! well i mean, sometimes she is shy around new people, but he could try?" corinne leaned a little closer so jasper could reach bijou, watching as the cat sniffed his hand before allowing some pets.

"so, it's hard to find teddy..?" she asked lightly, looking between the three of them as she sat bijou down so it was easier for jasper to give her attention. "is there any place he attends a lot that we could check? i don't mean to be in a rush or anything.." her voice trailed off as she tried to spot teddy around while she anxiously began to play with the rings on her fingers. she wasn't about to admit to a group of strangers that she was beginning to grow uncomfortable with the series of events playing out, especially when this was their home. what kind of guest would she be? her parents raised her better than that. she wished olivier or percival were with her - they always knew what to do, and at least with them she wouldn't be alone.

it seemed like ages for corinne until teddy finally made his appearance. a smile immediately grew on her features and she couldn't help the excited bounce in her steps she took to meet him with a hug. "ted!" an overjoyed chorus of laughter left corinne's mouth. "tu m'as manqué[sup]1[/sup]!" once she was back on the ground, she couldn't help but start fidgeting more as if the joy she was feeling for being reunited with her cousin was too much to contain. "new orleans isn't the same without you.. you would not believe what has happened with louis - oh, and abella?! you would have just about died in shock if you were there! papa and mama were -" the breath caught in her throat for a moment when the excitement died down and she remembered why she was there in the first place. "there is something i need to talk to you about -" corinne's worried eyes glanced between the other three before settling back onto teddy. "en privé[sup]2[/sup]."

corinne knew better than to talk about family issues around others, it was something she was countlessly reminded of back in new orleans, so instead she would table the conversation and listen to teddy as he spoke to her.  "four children?!" a surprised gasp left her lips, looking up to teddy in disbelief as she turned to pick bijou back up. "and a wife? i didn't expect to miss so much!" but, of course, the excitement peeked when he mentioned he had gotten a cat, looking towards bijou to give her a small scratch behind the ear while they made there way into the badlands. "oh, it's been so long, ted!" she looped her arm with his while they walked together. "i wish i could have come with you when you left.."

[sup]1[/sup] i missed you
[sup]2[/sup] in private

Topic Options