maybe i’m fucking scum && salem
[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-size: 7.5pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 2px;"]perhaps thinking he could handle taking care of an open wound, prone to infection, was not a good idea after all. dousing it in alcohol and wrapping it with cloth wasn’t going to stop it from bleeding any time he made a certain movement, and there’s no way he knew for certain that the alcohol was actually helping to kill bacteria. he wasn’t a medical professional, just an idiot who liked to get in lots of fights. he needed a professional to help him, even if he hated to admit it. he was just fine on his own, but when it came to blood? his own blood, especially? he was completely lost and out of it.

and that’s exactly what he found, or he assumed. he himself was attempting to find some sort of better bandaging to help with the bleeding. when shepherd saw a woman, much shorter than he, also in search for what appeared to be medical supplies. his eyes then fell onto the young child with her and he couldn’t help the little smile that grew on his face. shepherd liked to say that he wasn’t much of a fan of kids, but when he was actually around them he was like a big kid himself and enjoyed playing.

shepherd went up beside her and lightly tapped her shoulder before lifting his shirt, showing off the gnarly and dirty bandaging around his abdomen. “any idea how to take care of this, eh?”

[align=center]
[div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: center; font-size: 15pt; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: -1px;"]✧ so come, one and all to see the apathy
[div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; font-family: arial; margin-top: -4px; letter-spacing: 1px;"](( the reems of grey stencil that fill the tapestry. ))
[Image: cef42342274b2a408b9394d3e1e027e6dcea3762.gif]
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
BL ENFORCER
[div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 333px; min-height: 347px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 7pt; color: #000000; line-height: 99%;"]Salem wasn't used to being greeted by potential medical clients in stores. She usually found them on the street, or they came limping into her shop, in desperate need of help. She had been studying some sterile cotton swabs when she felt the tap on her shoulder. Instinctively, she dropped the swabs, put her other hand around Jasper's back, and stepped back before realizing that the man was just exposing a wound to her. Well, it did make sense - they were both looking for medical supplies, and she supposed word must've gotten around about how she helped people.

Salem studied the wound. Definitely not the worst she'd seen, but not the best either. Salem raised her hand from Jasper's back to his cheek, keeping him from looking over her shoulder at the wound. She wanted him as uninvolved in the Badlands lifestyle as possible.

"I have fresh bandages for you, sterile grade alcohol, and honey." She'd heard from a local that honey stopped infections, but she'd yet to try it herself. The man didn't need to know that. "It looks as though the wound hasn't been able to heal properly due to too much movement. I have a cot in my storefront you can stay on for a few days." Her tone was professional, yet calm. Most of the people whom she had offered the cot to were back on their feet in a few days. 
VITALS
> overall status: 100%

> physical status: stable.
> physical health: 100%
> physical afflictions: none yet.
> minor injuries: none yet.
> major injuries: none yet.

> mental status: stable.
> current status: stable.
> mental health: 100%
> mental illnesses: None
> mental damage: None
TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Dark brown hair that varies in shade, pale, blue green eyes.
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
> tall, lanky and a bit awkward physically.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
> medium physically | easy/medium mentally
> non-violent power-play allowed
> no kill | request maim/capture
> ask to attack in bolded, underlined and italicized black
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Lionel King x Melissa Barone
> Son Jasper
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
> Cat Chrisanthymum "Chrissy"
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
> this text + this color = this meaning
I'VE COME TOO FAR TO SEE THE END NOW
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ even if my way is wrong
a small everyone. | beware hidden scrolling
[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 410px; text-align: justify; font-size: 7.5pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 2px;"]wow, help with his injury and a place to stay all in one? albeit a few days, but it beat sleeping in a makeshift tent until he could find his own place. he would take anything but a tent. his back was killing him after sleeping on the hard ass floor. shepherd flashed her a grin and nodded his head.

wait a second. he squinted his eyes and leaned closer to get a better look at the woman in front of him. “oh sh-“ oops, there’s a kid. “shoot! i know you. you were the one with the cigar when i got here, yeah?” shepherd pulled his shirt down and put his hands on his hips. he looked snarky as hell, and his stance just added to it. he really thought he was on top of the world, untouched, and he tried to look it too.

“you have a kid?” he asked, leaning his head to try and get a good look at jasper’s face to flash him a silly face in an attempt to get a giggle out of the kid. “what’s his name?”

[align=center]
[div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: center; font-size: 15pt; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: -1px;"]✧ so come, one and all to see the apathy
[div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; font-family: arial; margin-top: -4px; letter-spacing: 1px;"](( the reems of grey stencil that fill the tapestry. ))
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
BL ENFORCER
[div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 333px; min-height: 347px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 7pt; color: #000000; line-height: 99%;"]Salem nodded, turning her attention to the cotton swabs she had just dropped. That's where she recognized him from: he was the one who asked about the brand of her cigar. He had also been the one to call her "hun", which she hadn't taken to kindly. However, people didn't last long in the Badlands if they held grudges. A client was a client, and she was willing to take care of him no matter the level of respect he showed her.

"His name is Jasper," she picked up the same package she had before and examined it, this time looking for an excuse not to make eye contact with the man. "I don't think I caught your name."
VITALS

TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Son Jasper
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 410px; text-align: justify; font-size: 7.5pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 2px;"]seeing her trying to juggle holding a child and medical supplies, shepherd reached out a hand rather quickly to take anything he could to help her. he gave her a nervous smile, wincing slightly due to the sudden movement. the pain shot through his hips and abdomen like a bolt of lightning, but he wasn't about to let that be known. who knows, she could use this weakness to her advantage to take him out. things were just looking up for him, he wasn't going to let himself get killed so soon.

hearing her say the little one's name made the tension in his body loosen. jasper. that was a good name. "the name's shepherd katz, ma'am. and yours?" shep would respond chirpily, tucking the items under his left arm so that he could stick his hand out for her to shake. "you think you could lend me a smoke too?"

[align=center]
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
BL ENFORCER
[div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 333px; min-height: 347px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 7pt; color: #000000; line-height: 99%;"]Don't show weakness: that was a lesson Salem had had to learn many times over here. And with this stranger, while he was injured, she wasn't about to owe him any favors. Instead of handing him any items, she tucked the supplies under her arm and reached her hand out awkwardly, akin to a T-rex.

"Salem," she gave him a curt nod before turning towards the checkout spot, "I only have my own cigars on me. You can buy a few when we get back to the shop."
VITALS

TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Son Jasper
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-size: 7.5pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 2px;"]cigars, eh? not exactly what he was going for, but he wasn't going to pass up a smoke. well... actually, he couldn't help but have to pass up the cigars. he had no cash on him. "ma'am, might i do a favor instead for a smoke? i's don't gots any money on me," he asked, his voice unusually sheepish for the level of confidence he had just been exuding earlier.

shepherd needed to make a good impression on the people here otherwise he was screwed. to him, this was just like any other gang or group he had been apart of growing up. you befriend the right people, you tend to make it out alive and, if you're lucky enough, you can keep going unscathed.

[align=center]
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
BL ENFORCER
[div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 333px; min-height: 347px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 7pt; color: #000000; line-height: 99%;"]Of course he didn't have money. Salem sighed, not bothering to turn away as she paid for the items before scooping them all back up. He was just a newcomer: how could she have expected him to have a ything on him?

When Salem first arrived here, she was cautious, not willing to trust anyone or anything. She feared that this was going away, that the birth of her son and her growing comfort in the Badlands was somehow dulling her alertness towards danger. Even still, she couldn't stop herself from making a deal with Shepherd, despite the fact that he very well could just be a man passing through the Badlands aiming to steal all of her supplies.

"I'll give you a cigar if you organize my supply of teas." Salem stopped outside the store in the grueling heat, turning towards him as she spoke. It was a simple enough task, yet one that didn't involve a lot of risk. If he stole some of her inventory, she had plenty of loose tea leaves stored around various hiding spots within the shop.
VITALS

TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 24
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Son Jasper