OCEAN'S RISING / joey
[align=center][div style="width: 370px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4; color: black;"]— It was the warmest day since Colt had joined up with the Lodge - although that really wasn't saying much. Instead of temperatures in the negatives, it was floating right around freezing. It wavered just enough throughout the day that the top layer of snow melted and then re-froze, adding a wonderful sheet of slick ice overtop of everything else. Still, at the very least, it was much easier to stay outside for longer than ten minutes now that there wasn't a risk of frostbite.

Colt was out in front of the lodge's entrance, cradling his recently-acquired pet raccoon, Dog, in his arms. He had no idea how to train a normal pet, much less a raccoon, but he had to try. "Alright, Dog," he murmured, as if the tiny animal would understand him. He looked up as a patrol appeared from behind the treeline, likely returning from further out into the territory. "I'm gonna put you down now, ok?" He slowly lowered Dog to the ground, holding a carrot in his left hand - hoping to use it to keep his companion close. "Don't run off."

As soon as Colt set Dog on the ground and removed his grip, the little creature skittered off, skipping through the snow. "Shit!" Colt yelled, nearly slipping and falling as he made chase. Dog made a beeline straight for the patrol before jumping right at one of the other Lodge members - an intimidating-looking woman Colt hadn't met before - presumably climbing up her back and crawling onto her shoulders. Colt winced; hopefully the woman was an animal person. He ran over, panting, looking to Joey sheepishly. "Er... sorry about him. He's still learning."

━━━━━━━ THE BOY WHO FELL INTO THE SKY
HAD NO ONE THERE TO WATCH HIM CRY *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]ever since returning from bluestem, it’s been right back to work for joey. their supplies had lasted through her absence, but they’re beginning to get low. this particular day, she personally lead a group to find whatever the mountain has left to offer. she doesn’t love foraging, it’s kinda gross in her opinion, but she prefers it to hunting or fishing, so she’d much rather go on a couple foraging outings before considering doing the other things; even if it’s fucking freezing.

her arms are straight down against her sides, incredibly tensed from the cold and her shoulders raised up to act as some kind of ear muffs. her eyes are trained in front of her, just wanting to maybe defrost in the lounge. that’s how she fails to see the raccoon barreling towards her. she feels it jumó onto her back and clamber its way up onto her shoulder, ” what the fuck? “ joey screeches, reaching up and grabbing the thing by the back and throwing it off of herself and into the snow. seeing the fact that a raccoon is the culprit, joey’s body involuntarily squirms and her face contorts into horror. [color=#990000]” shouldn’t that fucker be in hibernation!? “ she nearly screeches as another chill rakes through her spine.

colt appears before her, apologizing on behalf of the glorified rodent. [color=#990000]” if it touches me again, i’m sending a whole party out to hunt it down, “ she hisses, green eyes suddenly hot like fire. [color=#990000]” who the hell are you anyway? “ she questions as she realizes she really doesn’t recognize him. admittedly, josephine isn’t great at the whole meeting people thing. if someone doesn’t almost instantaneously catch and keep her attention, joey is going to entirely overlook them.

// i adore dog. i am so sorry she’s a bitch sometimes.

[spoiler=tags, updated 02/07/2021]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. ❝ josephine elena van doren ❞ |  joey, hoey | female [ she/her ] .
&. 22 years old . | november first ; scorpio .
&. reaper of flintlock lodge .

PERSONALITYGOT EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
&. impulsive . outgoing . femme fatale . flirtatious . seemingly emotionless . guarded . self-destructive . obsessive . hot headed . reckless . kleptomania tendencies . selfish . brat .  assertive . loyal to those close to her . intuitive . stubborn . passionate . self-preserving . quick . nosey . reliable . non-committal . determined . secretive . resentful . resourceful . distrusting .

APPEARANCENOT WHAT YOU THINK
&.  five foot six & one hundred and seventeen pounds ; reference .
↳ blonde hair just past her collarbone, grows a dirtier blonde, lightening up as soon as any sun touches it .
↳ slim, muscular build. legs on the longer side .
↳ big blue/green doe eyes, light yet well-groomed eyebrows, full lips, dimples .

INTERACTIONSAND IF I’M BEING HONEST
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 9/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ hard ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #990000 | [member=570]scully[/member] | PM for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

INVENTORYIT MIGHT’VE BEEN A NIGHTMARE
&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 1 ] misc .
↳ one combat knife .
↳ a three piece throwing knife set
↳ a bracelet from her late mother, each one of her sisters has a piece to the same set, their mother having the biggest piece

RELATIONSHIPSTO ANYONE WHO MIGHT CARE
&. elizabeth van doren (npc) x malcolm van doren (npc) | second youngest of nine children .
↳ cassian van doren, eldest, flintlock .
↳ beau van doren, second eldest, unknown .
↳ range rover van doren, unknown & scarlett van doren, dead .
↳ auden van doren, unknown & tara van doren, dead .
↳ maxine van doren, just older than joey, flintlock .
↳ richard van doren, youngest, flintlock .
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous  . | scared of commitment, however enjoys casual fun .
&. lover to william stirling
↳ reoccurring friends with benefits.
↳ parents to rosalie willa van doren, five months old .
&. lover to theodore knope
↳ partner in the badlands
&. crushing on cassidy van den bergh[/spoiler]

I DON'T BELONG TO ANYONE,
[size=9pt]BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME —— INFO
[align=center][div style="width: 370px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4; color: black;"]— Dog squeaked as he was thrown to the ground, squirming about in the snow in a panic. As soon as he managed to get up, he scurried over to Colt, scurrying up the side of his leg and jumping into his arms, whimpering. Colt grabbed the little creature and held him close, his jaw dropping in surprise at Joey's reaction.

"If it touches me again, I’m sending a whole party out to hunt it down." Colt scoffed, his face tinged red with anger. "Woah, woah, woah - Dog's harmless, alright?!" he would huff. "He just likes people. N-No need to hurt him- Jesus!" He supposed that he could understand why Joey might react that way; after all, he'd threatened to shoot Dog and the other raccoons the first time he'd seen them. He wasn't necessarily a huge animal lover himself, but after seeing the other raccoons leave Dog behind without a second thought, he couldn't just abandon the little guy himself. It sounded stupid, but he could relate to him - in a way. After all, his parents had abandoned him as an infant.

"Who the hell are you anyway?" Colt glared up at Joey as he set Dog on the ground; the baby raccoon clung to his ankle, chattering quietly. "Colt Madison," he answered, frowning. "Joey, right? You scared of rodents or something?"

━━━━━━━ THE BOY WHO FELL INTO THE SKY
HAD NO ONE THERE TO WATCH HIM CRY *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]her nose and mouth scrunches up as colt tries to make her out to be the bad one. he should control his pet! her eyes roll, looking past him and then finally making eye contact again once he’s done lecturing her. in joey’s opinion, she’d done what anyone else would do when clambered on by a fucking raccoon. she simply huffs in response, shrugging her shoulders. ” keep him away from me and we’ll be fine, “ joey states bluntly then offers a slight close-lipped smile, but eyes still daggers.

she nods, colt madison is noted, probably a little formal for her when she’s not trying to throw the weight of her last name around for personal gain. [color=#990000]” van doren, “ joey fills in, but a little pout appears on her face, neck retracting some. how could he say something like that??! joey? afraid of something as minuscule as rodents? no. at least, she’ll never admit to it, [color=#990000]” no! “ she retorts, crossing her arms over her chest tightly, [color=#990000]” i just don’t want them crawling all over me, “ joey deflects and defends, surely everyone would agree with the sentiment.

// i’m so sorry this took so long and is so bad, i’ve been in a funk (,:

[spoiler=tags, updated 02/07/2021]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. ❝ josephine elena van doren ❞ |  joey, hoey | female [ she/her ] .
&. 22 years old . | november first ; scorpio .
&. reaper of flintlock lodge .

PERSONALITYGOT EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
&. impulsive . outgoing . femme fatale . flirtatious . seemingly emotionless . guarded . self-destructive . obsessive . hot headed . reckless . kleptomania tendencies . selfish . brat .  assertive . loyal to those close to her . intuitive . stubborn . passionate . self-preserving . quick . nosey . reliable . non-committal . determined . secretive . resentful . resourceful . distrusting .

APPEARANCENOT WHAT YOU THINK
&.  five foot six & one hundred and seventeen pounds ; reference .
↳ blonde hair just past her collarbone, grows a dirtier blonde, lightening up as soon as any sun touches it .
↳ slim, muscular build. legs on the longer side .
↳ big blue/green doe eyes, light yet well-groomed eyebrows, full lips, dimples .

INTERACTIONSAND IF I’M BEING HONEST
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 9/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ hard ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #990000 | [member=570]scully[/member] | PM for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

INVENTORYIT MIGHT’VE BEEN A NIGHTMARE
&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 1 ] misc .
↳ one combat knife .
↳ a three piece throwing knife set
↳ a bracelet from her late mother, each one of her sisters has a piece to the same set, their mother having the biggest piece

RELATIONSHIPSTO ANYONE WHO MIGHT CARE
&. elizabeth van doren (npc) x malcolm van doren (npc) | second youngest of nine children .
↳ cassian van doren, eldest, flintlock .
↳ beau van doren, second eldest, unknown .
↳ range rover van doren, unknown & scarlett van doren, dead .
↳ auden van doren, unknown & tara van doren, dead .
↳ maxine van doren, just older than joey, flintlock .
↳ richard van doren, youngest, flintlock .
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous  . | scared of commitment, however enjoys casual fun .
&. lover to william stirling
↳ reoccurring friends with benefits.
↳ parents to rosalie willa van doren, five months old .
&. lover to theodore knope
↳ partner in the badlands
&. crushing on cassidy van den bergh[/spoiler]

I DON'T BELONG TO ANYONE,
[size=9pt]BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME —— INFO
Topic Options