YOU & JENNIFER / the finders, [ o, joining ]
[align=center][div style="width: 390px; text-align: justify;"]help.

"help who?"

help me.

"who is 'me'?"

d̶̢͓͙̒̓̈̾o̸̲̯̅͂̚n̵̨̻͙̠̰͂̓'̶̙̥̕͘ͅt̷̛̻̯̲̖͓̏͊̂͝ ̴̡̛̖͉̻̊͛̉k̷̛̪n̵̻̬̼͔̑̆̒͘ơ̸̛̖̤̭̔w̸̧͖̭̑͝.

hank shook his head vigorously to rid himself of the voices that plagued him constantly, covering his ears only made them louder. he had learned that when he was young. the shouting of his parents in the kitchen had brought on the voices first, one comforting, resembling the gentle whispers of his mother.. the only voice he liked. years passed, and every now and then a new voice would appear out of no where, or something would bring them on. he hated the garbled, radio-static like voice, but it was so..

persistent.

p̴̲͚̩̉e̷͓͗̔ŕ̶̡̧̮̬̭̀͝š̴̮͙̉i̸̳̺̰̻͋ś̷̺͉̹̘̊̈́̏͝t̸̳̝͋̾́e̶̬̫̻̒̒́ͅn̴̮͕̓̊t̶̛̫̂̐͛̈́͜.

help me?

"who is 'me'?" grumbled the man as he shrugged his backpack off of his shoulders, intent on making a little camp so that he could maybe just rest for a while. he needed food, sleep.. at least he had plenty of water. he thinks he does, at least. the canteen still feels heavy, and he can feel his leg bouncing as he sits on the curb of the crumbling sidewalk, unscrewing the cap.

he had learned to deal with them a long, long time ago.

me.

"who is 'me'?" he felt like a broken record, mumbling the same things over and over again.

Ḩ̶̞̻̹͔̿̀͘A̸̧̦̤̓N̵̻̆K̸̡̤̤̻̤̿̈́, Ḩ̶̞̻̹͔̿̀͘A̸̧̦̤̓N̵̻̆K̸̡̤̤̻̤̿̈́, Ḩ̶̞̻̹͔̿̀͘A̸̧̦̤̓N̵̻̆K̸̡̤̤̻̤̿̈́

"please shut up." god, that was the one voice he couldn't stand, and he wanted so badly to block out the detached voice, but he couldn't. covering his ears didn't work. he heard what sounded like a scream split through the air before all went silent. there hadn't been a scream, not outside of hank's head, but he didn't know this. he reached for his chains, staring ahead of him, blinking slowly at the shock of it all.

"thank you."

you're welcome.

"god damn it.."

[align=center]dead or inactive characters of @cosoleum / @cosmyn
if you need tinny, @cosmyn!
[align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]Sometimes, Graves felt like he could hear his family sometimes. Late at night, or when he was just barely drifting asleep or awake, Graves' mother (a voice he couldn't connect to a face, despite his best efforts) seemed to exist for moments - slight half words or noises. Not like his grandmother's voice, clear and sharp like the winter air hitting his face, or like his grandfather - rumbly and coarse like the river in their canyon.

Regardless of what he heard in his half-imagined state, he definitely didn't speak to anyone out loud (not that Graves tried to speak more than he could). But this man.. he had definitely heard him talk to someone. And yet.. there was nobody there. So, Graves had a very awkward dilemma. Because after all, this was his canyon. And this was a stranger, and this stranger seemed to be talking to nobody in particular.

Certainly, people talked to themselves outloud, right?

Taking a leap of faith and keeping his handgun holstered, Graves purposely dragged his feet, making a louder approaching noise as he neared the man, trying his best to appear as.. as casual as one could be, appearing out of apparently nowhere in front of a stranger. "It'll get dark soon. You have supplies?" Graves seriously doubted the question he asked, but there had to be some way to get this conversation started.

[align=center]
[font=georgia][size=4][b][i]DON'T EVER TALK WITH YOUR EYES
[size=3][font=georgia][color=black][b] [color=blACK]✦ BE SURE THAT YOU COMPROMISE
[align=center][div style="width: 390px; text-align: justify;"]a new voice had appeared much to his surprised, which hadn't happened for years, so of course he seemed a little bewildered. It'll get dark soon. You have supplies? he reached for his bag, thinking maybe his paranoia may be getting to him, but as he turned to his bag, he spotted the man and he had to do his best to figure out if he was real or not. he looked real enough, and it wasn't common for his hallucinations to just be.. a man. a normal, fully grown man. "i-.. you.. i do have water. and food. i think. right?" he moved to dig through his bag, trying to ignore the voice in his head.

theres no food, stop looking. no water, stop looking. you ran out. stop it, stop it.

had he run out? he reached for his canteen, shaking it and hearing the sloshing of the water and pulled out a can of beans, scowling. "i do have supplies."

liar, liar, liar!

ļ̵͇̗͉͕͈̲̐̆̇̔ḭ̷͑̈́͗̑͂̕á̷̛̦̞̈̃̇̑͌̓͝ͅr̴̗̹̲͌̃̓̌̄̀̑?̶̤̙̳̜̤͉̀

all he could do was let out an annoyed groan in the back of his throat before looking back to the man. he was still there, thank go. he hesitated and offered a weak smile. "i'm hank. its been a while since i've seen an actual person.."

[align=center]dead or inactive characters of @cosoleum / @cosmyn
if you need tinny, @cosmyn!
Topic Options