you fell for these ocean eyes [p]
[align=center]

[abbr=aporia's left thumb]emma wainwright[/abbr]
[align=left][justify][size=8pt]

henlo again frens- new hobby thread!!
you know the drill, read on with caution, and enjoy!!

TRIGGER WARNING for the following themes/topics:
-substance abuse
-parental neglect
-gang activity/violence
-war (this takes place during WWII)
-death

---

It was nothing short of extravagant. Nothing less than the best for the only daughter of Sergeant and Mrs. Wainwright. They were finally marrying off their daughter, but not under the terms they had always dreamed of.

Following her daughter around the large living area and grand foyer, where the party gathering was to be held, Mrs. Wainwright pestered. Very annoyed, but taking it, Emma rushed around, getting things ready for her fiance and his group to appear for the engagement party. The two were to be wed in just under a week, and although Emma was ecstatic, her family was certainly less than thrilled.

"We raised you right," Mrs. Wainwright pleaded, helping her daughter set the grand dining table with their finest china. Emma gave a disgruntled sigh. "My upbringing has nothing to do with who my heart chose to spend the rest of its life with, Mother. I'm sure your parents weren't too pleased with Father, all he did back then was gamble and look at Playboy models," she grumbled, ensuring the silverware set at Jonas' seat was as straight and proper as she could make it. Mrs. Wainwright narrowed her eyes. "Your father was not a part of a gang, either. He had a steady income and was able to support me, and you and your brother, when you came along. Once he settled down, he proved to me that being a family man was his calling." Emma turned to her. "Right. So give Jonas a chance to settle down with me before you start deciding that he's rubbish," she growled, stalking off when she heard the doorbell ring from the other room.

[member=467]trick-or-treedy[/member]

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery

[abbr=aporia's left thumb]jonas hawthorne[/abbr]
When they first learned of Jonas’s relationship with Emma, the gang threw an outright fit. There was quite a lot of arguing which very well could’ve ended with him and Charles tangling up. Thank the lord that didn’t happen. It took a lot of convincing, but once the gang began to warm up to Emma, there wasn’t much letting go. Even Alec took to liking her so much, he was able to speak to her. That kid hardly ever uttered a damn word to them, let alone others.

It was a shame they had to be so guarded when it came to those of upper class. All of the group had worked in the factories, and seeing their wages shrink daily as the pockets of their boss deepened was enough to place a bitterness in their hearts. Even Jonas had written her off when they first met as just another yuppie.

Oh how wrong he was.

Emma was beautiful inside and out. Her warmth and kindness was enough to melt the ice walls Jonas hid behind for years. She was so lovely. That was why he couldn’t resist making her his wife. Sure, there was the matter of her family. He was well aware of their feelings towards him, and in some way he understood. Before cleaning up their act, his gang liked to jump people and start fights with their rivals. It was a way of life back then. Being violent was how they got by and earned respect.

Jonas had changed quite a lot since being with Emma. His friends teased him for going soft, but the bottled up anger that was stowed away in his soul had began to lighten significantly. He loved her dearly, and they knew that,

Walking up the steps to where the party was being held, Jonas listened as the gang moaned about the suits they’d been forced to wear.

“Oh yeah, quit your cryin’ about. Listen, I need you lot to behave, alright? Emma’s family is real particular. No funny business.”

Despite their persistent complaints, everyone agreed. They knew how important it was for him to finally be accepted into his fiancee’s family.

Slightly unsure, Jonas raised a hand and knocked on the door. He believed he could hear faint voices on the other side before footsteps rushed to open it.

“Hello, my love.”

He greeted when Emma appeared in the doorway. Behind him, everyone went silent as they stared at the inside of the building. They weren’t used to such finer things.

“I’m sorry we’re late.”
[align=center]

[abbr=aporia's left thumb]Emma Wainwright[/abbr]

Emma opened the door after she had checked herself in the mirror. Her soft blonde locks were pinned at the sides, the rest let down in the back. She wore a soft dress and a pair of dressier black heels that looked rather natural on someone of her class. Opening the door to her fiancé and his friends sent a wave of love over her.

”No worries, you’re just in time. Mother and I have just finished setting up, so you can come in, and, relax and get warm,” she smiled slightly, wringing her hands. Her anxiety was very apparent, and she was a bit flustered from her argument with her mother.

Mrs. Wainwright tensed when the men entered her house. Although slightly impressed by how well they all cleaned up, she still sat on edge. ”This is a most joyous occasion, Mr. Wainwright and I have long dreamt of the day our lovely Emma would find the man of her dreams. Hopefully you fit that role,” she huffed slightly, raising an empty champagne glass. At her words, Emma tensed. She had meant to warn her mother of her tone- she had no idea how Jonas’ friends might react to her mother bashing him at every opportunity.

Once everyone was inside, Emma closed the heavy wooden door and took one of Jonas’ hands, smiling. ”Ignore her, she’s prejudiced,” she whispered very quietly to his friends. Leading everyone to the large dining table, a single butler began to fill the many champagne glasses. Sergeant Wainwright came down the stairs. He was an older man who appeared to be aging gracefully.

”Jonas Hawthorne, is it? I trust we don’t need introductions, and I trust you have enough of a head on your shoulders to know that you do not want to cross Emma. Because it’ll come back to me,” he rumbled, taking his seat at the head of the table.

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery
Topic Options