You’ll reach up and you’ll rise again // Private
//Trigger warning for self harm, suicide attempt and depression

Noctis had just turned 20 a few months ago. Noct was very aware of his father’s condition that had been getting worse over the past few years. And he ended up passing away around five months ago, leaving Noctis as the new king of Insomnia. Did he know what he was doing? No. Not in the slightest. But he didn’t allow himself to think much about that since this was his job. The people needed a king to protect him and that’s what he’d do.

He wasn’t alone though. He had his friends to back him up and help out. Gladio has become his most trusted guard. Ignis was his adviser and just all around there to help with decision making. And then there was Prompto. His closet friend. What Prompto May lack in ability to fight or strategize, he was his best friend. And he was loyal. And Noct held that trait above anything else.

It was early in the morning and Noctis had just woken up. He didn’t really move much out of bed though. He was just sat on the edge of it. It couldn’t be much later then five in the morning, which was unusual for Noctis to be up at this time of the morning since he always slept in. He never got up this early by himself. Noctis just glanced around the room for a bit before sighing, running a hand over his face.

[size=18pt]
J̶u̷s̶t̸ ̴a̴ ̷g̸l̸i̶t̸c̴h̷ ̸i̵n̴ ̵t̴h̵e̷ ̷s̶y̷s̸t̴e̶m̸ ̵
Ignis always woke up early. he sighed as he moved to nocts room to get his outfit ready and paused. “oh. you’re awake already.”

[align=center]
★ ──────────── {⋅. [abbr=#swiggity swooty I LOVE Hooty][/abbr] .⋅} ──────────── ★
[align=center]gregory / 17 / trans male / married to legiana
Noctis looked up suddenly at the sound of the door opening. He froze for a moment before relaxing when Ignis spoke. He nodded. “Yeah. Figured I’d better get up early to prevent you or Gladio from awakening me some other way.” He murmured a bit teasingly. He sighed though, looking Ignis over. He realized he and Ignis never really spoke anymore. Well, the spoke every day. But just not as friends anymore. It was always business.

“...So, how have you been Specs?” He asked, looking at the slightly older male.

[size=18pt]
he hummed. “i’ve been aright. a bit busy, but i’ve beem sleeping and eating well, and such.” he said. “what about you, noct?”

[align=center]
★ ──────────── {⋅. [abbr=#swiggity swooty I LOVE Hooty][/abbr] .⋅} ──────────── ★
He blinked. “Oh, you know...Same as usual, I guess.” Noct murmured. More or less anyway. He was more stressed out then before he became king, but he doubted that would change much so he’d have to cope with that. He then looked down before glancing out the window. The sun was just beginning to rise in the distance.

[size=18pt]
he moved to sit on the edge of the bed and set a hand on his cheek. “you need a day off.” he said.

[align=center]
He blinked, raising a hand and gently resting it on Iggy’s arm. “I’ll be fine Ignis. I know you’re still going to worry about me no matter how old I get, but you need to understand I’m old enough now to know my limits of pushing myself before I need a break. I’m still fine. But when the day comes when I need a break I’ll let you know.” He murmured

[size=18pt]
he hummed. “at least take a break and have lunch with me and the others.”

[align=center]
He blinked, nodding. “Now that I can do.” He murmured.

[size=18pt]
he nodded. “try and sleep for another hour or so, ok? you don’t have anything to do for a while.”

[align=center]
Topic Options