VOTE: What direction do you want to see the site go?
[div style="width: 450px; margin: auto; text-align: justify"]Okay, so by now most/all of you are probably aware that Crows and I have the intention of stepping down from Admin. At the time we made the announcement, the staff team looked quite different than it did today, and there was no clear successor. So Crows and I devised a plan: an admin application form that would help us determine whether someone would be a good fit for the role, and to get an idea of what they would bring to the site. Last weekend, we opened it up to the staff team with a Wednesday deadline to apply. If we got 1-2 applicants, that'd be it! But since we got three applicants, Crows and I think it would be invaluable to know what the community wants when we're making our decision. This isn't directly voting for admin, but knowing what you guys want will certainly play a big role.

So how is voting going to work?
This isn't a popularity contest, the applicants' names won't be specified. They'll be referred to as A, B, and C. I'm going to be re-writing what they put into the form in the ideas section as well, but I will take care to convey their thoughts and ideas as accurately as possible. Once you read through their ideas here in this thread, head on over to the Google Survey linked at the bottom of the post! You'll be asked for your email and username, to ensure no double voting. Then, select two options from A, B, C, or write in. Yep, we're including a member write-in spot, which can only be used for voting for members (or Scully, since she didn't get the chance to fill out the form). Please note that this is a rare poll that will only be viewed by Crows and I.

Ideas for the Bearbones Staff team
Candidate A: Bearbones needs a larger staff team, something that should be made known to members. A would seek new members of the team that have skills and experience. There need to be guidelines and rules for what is expected of staff members, such as activity, inclusiveness, and being the backbone of the site. The staff team needs to be more efficient, and step one to making that happen is by better delegation and time management before posting responses. More advertising for the site.

Candidate B: Questions about rules should be answered within 24-48 hours, and questions about plots should be answered within 24-72. There should be at least 6-8 members on the team, and if time runs out and there are still opinions needed before reaching a majority of the team chimes in, then the majority of those who have spoken will be used. The staff team would be encouraged to share their schedules with other staffers. All staffers will be highly encouraged to have a presence onsite, be it in ooc boards like the welcoming hub, tnw or the other roleplay section, and no member will be promoted without a presence onsite. Repercussions for staff members will be taken much more seriously, and while things will be handled case-by-case, but staff are to be professional. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action, and more severe rulebreaks would incur more severe response. If members are uncomfortable around a certain staff member, that staffer should not be the one to engage with said member in any staff-related matter.

Candidate C: More transparency with members and letting them in on some of our discussions, giving them a voice and insight. Team building exercises, stuff to help staff get to know each other, to lead to better understanding when there are discussions.

Ideas for the OOC community
Candidate A: A would like to work on making the site more welcoming to new members, without removing the closeness of BB's current community. Staff especially should work on engaging with members more, leading by example, making each of them feel welcomed and wanted. More plotting and discussion should be done onsite, with members taking more of a lead in discussions and decisions and being more vocal. Staff should ensure all member opinions are heard and acknowledged, and show support, appreciation and encouragement to everyone. There should be activity requirements for staff to engage with members.

Candidate B: There should be total transparency between members and staff. The ooc community should be flourishing, a place people can have fun in and want to be in. B would like to run contests with bones or ic rewards as prizes, the contests being in things such as writing, art and coding.

Candidate C: Building on C's ideas for staff, there should be more a more open and welcoming community between staff and members alike. C supports more ooc activities like game and movie nights (which they credit those that brought it up for), rather than keeping interaction as just chatting and plotting.

Ideas for TNW
Candidate A: A new change to the game, new development, perhaps steam engines. Whatever it may be, members should be leading and influencing that discussion. They are the ones that play there, so it should be up to them. A will supervise and help set things in stone. Staff should run a monthly event with optional participation that could inspire some muse.

Candidate B: B did not have many ideas for TNW when they responded.

Candidate C: C Adding more locations in the loner lands such as markets, bars, shelters, an auction house, a hospital, etc. Creating some NPC groups. Having more storms and/or natural disaster plots.

Ideas for the Other Roleplay section
Candidate A: There is little to be done here with the level of interest, other than encourage people to use it for their non-TNW roleplaying.

Candidate B: It should be revamped and become active again, with unique plot threads posted to each board for members and staffers to plot together onsite.

Candidate C: C Having events that are aus of TNW's characters, such as modern aus and theme weeks to generate more activity.

https://forms.gle/6dFR8jjbwZ1SJkBC9

[align=center]
I wanna be your happiness I wanna be your common sense pain Wrap your head in a [glow=#684460,2,300]picket fence[/glow] Rebuild after the hurricane [abbr=this user is trailhead's miss american pye — aporia has tip toed in here, peed on all your things, and then deathdropped through the floor into hell — you've been poked by fangs — crows cleaned up apoira's pee and threw chocolate at you — joey baked you yummy cookies — firebird is definitely building a nest here — you have been bitten by a wild eskie (but w love though) — skullcrow has built u a pillow fort — vid sat on your head for about ten seconds before flying away — rev loves you — hoot hoot — you are my wife / you're my wife / boogie woogie woogie — hoot tried making a nest but got burnt zoinks — darwin gave you a kees — joey loves you <3]![/abbr]
(09-11-2020, 02:02 AM)Hootowls link Wrote: Train tracks

[align=center]

a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes.
i screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind.
[br]
OH and since I was a hurry when I posted this, I forget to mention this closes on Sunday night!

[align=center]
I wanna be your happiness I wanna be your common sense pain Wrap your head in a [glow=#684460,2,300]picket fence[/glow] Rebuild after the hurricane [abbr=this user is trailhead's miss american pye — aporia has tip toed in here, peed on all your things, and then deathdropped through the floor into hell — you've been poked by fangs — crows cleaned up apoira's pee and threw chocolate at you — joey baked you yummy cookies — firebird is definitely building a nest here — you have been bitten by a wild eskie (but w love though) — skullcrow has built u a pillow fort — vid sat on your head for about ten seconds before flying away — rev loves you — hoot hoot — you are my wife / you're my wife / boogie woogie woogie — hoot tried making a nest but got burnt zoinks — darwin gave you a kees — joey loves you <3]![/abbr]
yeah it's getting added along w a couple other things
I meant to get that up there too, but had to leave abruptly for fire prevention tings

[align=center]
good luck to all of the applicants!

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery
(09-11-2020, 05:43 AM)cygnus link Wrote: good luck to all of the applicants!
(09-11-2020, 07:35 AM)finny. link Wrote: [quote author=cygnus link=topic=23726.msg495628#msg495628 date=1599803014]
good luck to all of the applicants!
[/quote]

[align=center]
I'M BURNING BRIDGES, I DESTROY THE MIRAGE
[div style="width: 400px; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; font-size: 5pt; line-height: 1; letter-spacing: 2.6px; word-spacing: 1.9px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]ALL VISIONS OF COLLISIONS, FUCKING BON VOYAGE — truce.#1303

WRITING &. PINTEREST &. SPOTIFY
hi guys! just a reminder that the admin vote ends tonight at midnight! pst i believe, but yeah! get your votes in!

thank you guyss!

[align=center]
✰[b] — BABY, I'M JUST TOO WEAK
[font=verdana][sub]she ; her [color=black]/ discord : scully#2222 / dump / halfmoon
Hey y'all, the vote is now closed! Thank you to everyone that voted, it is much appreciated.
Crows and I still have to discuss and make our final decision, so keep an eye out for that in the coming days!

[align=center]
Topic Options