name / placement help?
[align=center][div style="width: 455px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8.5pt; letter-spacing: 0px; line-height: 1.5;"]hey !! i have this character and i want to rp him, but i don't have a) a name for him and b) a place for him to go, so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for either.

character idea
﹠| faceclaim: bill hader (who's 41, so the character will probably be around that age too)

→ has a character arc revolving around an internal conflict of identity; he [tw: drugs, alcohol, addiction] suffers an addiction to painkillers and could be very vulnerable to future alcoholism. tbh, if he had reliable access to alcohol, he'd probably have slipped into alcoholism already, but is presently just addicted to painkillers. [tw end]

→ un-athletic and not trained in any form of combat, whether melee, ranged, hand-to-hand or with any sort of weapon. in general, he probably can't run for more than thirty seconds unless he's genuinely scared shitless, and even then, he tires quickly.

→ probably has anxiety and/or depression. possibly sad? he is / was medicated for it (he's most likely either running low on medication or recently run out due to travelling, and [tw: drugs, addiction] is likely why he's turned to painkillers [tw end] to cope). he does a pretty good job of hiding his mental illness in public, putting on a loud, chatty front, but he's sometimes prone to obvious shyness, and when drained, can become muted and exhausted-seeming. nevertheless, he always aims for levity if he can.

→ terrified of large dogs, but tries his best not to show it. he often tends to deny his fear while maintaining that he's simply not a fan of them, but there's something humorous in his barely-leashed panic as he tries to handle their presences.
Hallo!! I may or may not be of any help at all but for names I always search nameberry as it’s got loads of suggestions to choose from!! As for a group, not to be biased ofc but I feel like he’d thrive in Northstar?! In general they’re a peaceful group so no need to be trained in combat, and in general they’re a pretty bubbly and cheerful group so it would be so interesting to see him tryna put on his happy mask when around everyone else whilst in reality he’s really struggling??

[align=center]
I'M BURNING BRIDGES, I DESTROY THE MIRAGE
[div style="width: 400px; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; font-size: 5pt; line-height: 1; letter-spacing: 2.6px; word-spacing: 1.9px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]ALL VISIONS OF COLLISIONS, FUCKING BON VOYAGE — truce.#1303

WRITING &. PINTEREST &. SPOTIFY
[align=center][div style="width: 455px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8.5pt; letter-spacing: 0px; line-height: 1.5;"]thank you! i'll check out nameberry for name ideas because i've been struggling a lot and i've joined the northstar discord. i think it'd be interesting to see him interact there too!
behindthename is also a good place to find names!!

[align=center]
are you tired of me yet?
[abbr=gorgon / he him his / married]✦[/abbr]✦[/color] i’m a little sick right now but i swear
Hoot listens to Cavetown with her friend
Ngl I use fantasynamegenerators for most of my names, they've got an extensive section of real names for particular cultures, ethnicities, or just general 20th century names. Plus like,, more fantasy-esq names if you're looking for something Fancy.

And for groups?? I'm biased but if you're looking for him to relapse and have easy access to the substances you were talking about, the Badlands might be a good fit since they've currently got a lot of cultural undertones of excessive drinking, substance abuse, etc. He'd most likely get a bit of extra attention since he's not very athletic and other characters may be concerned or annoyed about it, plus some ppl might offer to train him once they realize he can't fight. There are a bunch of older characters there too, so he wouldn't be completely out of his age group.

But yeah my secondary non-biased suggestion is Northstar since it seems like he'd be a great fit there! It's much chiller and less physically intense than the other groups, plus the characters there would most likely care if he started to become more self-destructive and that's a potential for plots.

[align=center][div style="overflow: hidden; font-size: 12pt; color: #646464; font-family: georgia"]I need to save you, but who's going to save me?
[abbr=n/a]characters[/abbr] ++ [abbr=darky is the best little sib - pyre; tiddy - crows; how bad can i be - zodiac; #swiggity swooty I tolerate Hooty]staff ;p[/abbr]
[align=center][div style="width: 455px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8.5pt; letter-spacing: 0px; line-height: 1.5;"]thanks! i managed to settle on a name i like using the sites you all recommended, so thank you three for the help with that : )

i think i might use both groups, actually? i might have him find bl and struggle with having everything in front of him, and also have him in nd, where he... eventually runs out of everything that's been maintaining his composure. thanks for the help!
Topic Options