milk & honey
She had always preferred the rain. Another year at Hogwarts, and Mariana was excited to get started. Something about a new school year just seems so... refreshing. The train ride was extraordinarily peaceful, rain having battered against the train the entire way from King's Cross. Having just changed into her scarlet and gold school robes, she slumped back into the seat of her compartment, stroking a disturbed Apollo. Across from her sat a Ravenclaw seventh year, and next to him, an anxious first year.
"Are you nervous?" she asked the first year. The first year nodded solemnly, looking rather pale.
"Well you shouldn't be. You'll soon learn that Hogwarts will quickly become your home. And the people, even those who aren't in your house, become your family. Take it from me. If I could go back to my first year, I absolutely would. Good luck," Mariana smiled, standing up with Apollo as the train slowed to a halt. "Maybe I'll see you at the Gryffindor table."

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
on this endless ocean, finally lovers know no shame ———
turning and returning to some secret place inside ———
watching in slow motion as you turn around and say ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[abbr=discord: cygnus#7690]discord: cygnus#7754[/abbr] — Gallery
[align=center][align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]Rowan's ride had been a quiet one - the Hufflepuff had spent most of his time in the train reading. The textbooks were his biggest issue perhaps, so the faster he began on the reading, the less worries he'd have about falling behind in schoolwork. He didn't want to come home to parents who'd scold him on not doing his homework. He had bigger things to deal with, and he really didn't need this. As the train slowed, Rowan stood up, gathering his things. His robes were already on, and he could already taste the food the house-elves were probably making at that very moment. With a grin, Rowan opened his door, stepping out into the hallway as the train finally stopped. At last, back to Hogwarts.

[align=center][align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]
//sorry for the late response, I was really sick today.

Mariana spotted the familiar Hufflepuff in the hallway. She put Apollo down, knowing he’d be waiting in her common room after dinner.
”Hello,” she greeted, coming up behind him. ”How was your summer? Quiet?” she joked, joining the queue of students waiting to get off the train.

[div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11pt; color: #3E3C43; font-family: georgia"]watching every motion in my foolish lover's game ———
[shadow=#AE9669,left]take my breath away[/shadow] ———————— [abbr=Signature by Bryne]♛[/abbr]
[align=center][align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]/ahh i feel that! sorry, i was out of town without internet this past week cx

"You know it." Rowan grinned as Mariana appeared. One of the people he really enjoyed hanging out with, Mariana was always a joy whenever Hogwarts was back in business. "After Hogwarts.. everything "normal" gets boring." Rowan's life had been fairly normal before the realization that he was a wizard, and so Hogwarts was fun to him. "What about you? Apollo didn't give you much grief?"

[align=center][align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]
//you’re fine bb, I’ve been out of it this week.

Mariana offered a slight smile. ”You know him, he’s a good cat. He’s seemed to have fine-tuned his hunting skills, so let’s hope he doesn’t get ahold of anyone else’s small pet,” she muttered, tucking her wand away into her robes. ”My summer was generally uneventful. You’re right, though. Everything gets boring when you leave Hogwarts.”
She and Rowan were close, but not too close. He was one of her best friends, and it’s been that way ever since first year Herbology. She was thankful for him, he seemed to be the calm waters that she needed.

Topic Options