wishing you godspeed, glory. | hunting; open intro. | cass.
[align=center][div style="padding-right:13px;"][gfont=Uchen][glow=black,2,300]JUDE "CASS" CASWELL[/glow][/gfont]
[gfont=Ramaraja]"speech." thought. attack. normal.[/gfont]
[gfont=Ramaraja]    Cass tottered his head a bit to the side in ambivalence at Edmund's answer, weighing the effects of his company in his head. Being able to take bigger game in a shorter amount of time would be useful, but that'd really only be the case if they found any bigger game and found it worth killing. Finding elk would certainly be nice, but stumbling across a moose would send him straight back out the forest—he'd never been face-to-face with a moose before, but he certainly wasn't enthusiastic about meeting one. He knew how huge those things were, and strong to boot; Ronan had said that they were the "biggest members of the deer family, and got super aggressive when they're hungry, tired, or harassed by other animals, including humans," according to a book he read, so if they stumbled upon one of them during their hunting trip, he hoped Edmund was an especially good shot... or at least faster than Cass was.

His lips twitched very briefly, mildly amused at Edmund's grizzly remark, but quickly returned to their usual straight line. "In my experience," he spoke dryly, though not disrespectfully, eyes drawing to the snow on the forest floor. "A bear can stand up to well more than one shot at a time, 'less you've got strong rounds, a good gun, and a better eye. Even then, they can be trouble. But I've only dealt with black bears, so maybe grizzlies are different."

He gave a slight nod at Edmund's later question, though, keeping pace with him. He knew roughly when to turn and where to find his traps, though; the snow might have hurried certain critters into them and kept away certain others, depending on their distance from their homes and holes. He hoped that there were at least a few, but if there weren't, he was certain that he'd at least be able to scrounge up some berries or roots. Plants that already grew in this climate wouldn't freeze easily, he hoped.

Scanning his eyes along the forest floor, he made to veer to the right in order to check on his nearest trap before pausing at the sudden split of silence (which he was actually quite enjoying, as Edmund didn't seem uncomfortable with it), raising an eyebrow at it quietly. He ruminated on his answer as he lifted a hand to faintly gesture for Edmund to follow him to a tree trunk with a cage-like structure near it, not particularly rushing to get his words out. He waited until the trap was in touching distance, kneeling and brushing the snow off it to see a small squirrel perk up inside of it. "Like this," he remarked plainly, tapping the top of the cage with a knuckle and causing the squirrel to squeak. "Use the butt of my knife to kill it in one blow. For bigger animals, I get them to eat out of my hand before cutting an artery or something like that. I won't kill them if I don't know where to do it quickly, so my game tends to be the same type most days."[/gfont]
[align=center]

[gfont=Uchen][glow=black,2,300]i'll always love you until the time we die.[/glow][/gfont]
Topic Options