FORGIVE ME FATHER / eddie
[align=center][div style="width: 370px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4; color: black;"]— as eddie approached, colt stood up straight, offering a subtle nod in greeting. "ready indeed," he would call out in response to the captain's question. he followed close behind, grimacing as the door came open and the freezing winds whipped against his face. he braced his shoulders against the cold, squinting in the light of the sunrise as it reflected off the inches of snow that laid on the ground. it still freaked him out a bit to leave the lodge after he'd spent hours, alone, on the mountainside, slowly freezing. he was slowly getting better about it, though. he drew in a long breath, diverting his attention to eddie, who was saying something.

"...i imagine they’ll want to arrive by horseback so placing slanted wooden spikes to prevent any trampling." colt stepped up to eddie's side, nodding. "sounds like a solid plan. they'll be at a real disadvantage if they get stuck out here without horses." he stuck his hands in his jacket pockets, glancing behind him; the lodge was fading out of view, lost behind the horizon as they traveled further. his heart skipped a beat - this was it. this was the chance that the ringleader was talking about; he'd gotten eddie alone. the man was bigger, sure, but he would have the element of surprise. if he wanted to, he could kill eddie right now, escape down the mountain, and get his money. it would be so easy.

...but he wasn't going to. why? colt wasn't sure, really. something was stopping him. a moral obligation, maybe? he was struggling to bring himself to even consider killing someone who had taken him in, shown him kindness - for absolutely nothing in return. he'd been treated better in his few weeks at the lodge than all of his years with the ring. if eddie had ended up being some huge jerk who shot innocent people for fun, then this job would have been infinitely easier. he cleared his throat. eddie was saying something about going to the junkyard to get supplies. "we could try to get our hands on some barbed wire, too - hide it under the snow," he offered, cracking his neck.

as eddie had hypothesized, colt didn't mind the silent walk deeper into flintlock's territory. he was, in fact, a lone wolf. if anything, he preferred the company of a few close friends - not that he'd ever had any. he was absorbed in his own thoughts, observing the snow-covered forest all around them, when eddie spoke up. he quirked his eyebrows, surprised that the captain was making conversation - and then completely unsure of what to say. why had he come here? a cavernous pit formed in his stomach, his heart hammering. 'shit. what the hell am i supposed to say?! 'oh, i'm here to murder you?'' the mercenary crossed his arms over his chest. "oh, yeah. my trip up here was pretty rough." he was stalling for a bit of time, trying to come up with something. "i had a pretty shitty home life. didn't grow up in a great family. had enough of it one day - learned about this place. i decided it was worth the trip." honestly, most of that was true. sort of. colt mentally applauded himself for keeping his cool. he glanced over at eddie, gauging for a reaction. "what about you? you born here?"

━━━━━━━ THE BOY WHO FELL INTO THE SKY
HAD NO ONE THERE TO WATCH HIM CRY *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Topic Options