FORGIVE ME FATHER / eddie
[align=center][div style="width: 370px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4; color: black;"]— it was just past dawn. hues of red and pale pink stretched across the sky, speckled with white clouds. colt sat upon the edge of his bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. he looked around the room- his room. finally, after two entire weeks of being an official member of the lodge, he'd gotten his own place to stay. he had been living in the med bay up until this point due to his hypothermia, but that had just about cleared up. aside from the occasional cough, he'd pretty much fully recovered, his strength returned to him. and he felt better than ever.

the young man rolled his shoulders, reaching down to tug his fur-lined boots onto his feet and lace them up tightly. he very much would've preferred to still be asleep, but he had a job to do. eddie had asked him to help set up defense barriers, get the territory ready for the war looming on the horizon. for a moment, his mind wandered back home. the corners of his lips twitched; the other mercs probably thought that he'd botched the job, bit the dust. that, or they knew of his betrayal - in which case, ringleader would surely be beyond pissed. might even send someone out to flatline him.

colt got up, putting on his hunting jacket and walking out the door. had he made the right choice, sparing eddie's life and joining up with the lodge? leaving the ring behind? he wasn't exactly sure yet. it felt like the right thing to do; he'd come up that mountain expecting to find some horrible monster to slay at the top. instead, his life had been saved by the man he was supposed to kill. in training, he had been taught to live with one goal, one mission: to get jobs, and complete them. it had seemed so simple at the time. now, everything was so... convoluted. confusing. he had no choice but to take it day by day and live with the consequences of his actions, whatever those ended up being.

the mercenary made his way to the lodge's main entrance - the same one he'd passed out in two weeks prior. clearing his throat, he leaned against the door frame, poised to wait for eddie. he held an apple in one of his gloved hands, absent-mindedly munching on it.

━━━━━━━ THE BOY WHO FELL INTO THE SKY
HAD NO ONE THERE TO WATCH HIM CRY *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Topic Options