a crime's been committed — private
[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; line-height: 150%; color: #494949; font-family: karla; font-size: 9pt; letter-spacing: 0.2px; word-spacing: 1px; margin-top: 10px;"]shit. shit. shit.

elijah stood there, feet planted. eyes wide. in his head, he knows he should move. dispose of the evidence, but his feet wouldn't correspond. joey becomes a noise, muted in the background as he reflects on the consequences; okay, he killed a flintlocker. if anyone, especially eddie found out, he knew he'd be a goner. the friendship let managed to mend? gone for. done. he'd and memphis would be sent away, forced to be travel aimlessly once more. whose to say if they was gon' make it? they were barely hanging by a thread before they stumbled across eddie. they really ain't have anywhere else to go.

"you're gonna be in so much, trouble, eli," her words register as he manages to drag himself from his thoughts. "no shit," he snapped, shooting daggers at her briefly as he runs his hands through his hair. he wasn't going to let it happen, though. if no one found out, he wouldn't have to suffer the consequences. he was already ran from the city, no way was he could not face the idea of being kicked out in the cold once more; not when he was just getting comfortable. not when he was just finding his place.

"here, help me out." elijah walks quickly over towards the body, leaning down to grab the woman's legs. when he lifts his head, he expects to see joey beside him; but no, she's walking away. "hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?" panic rises in his chest as he hurries over to place himself in front of joey and the stairway. he lifts his hands— hesitating— before placing them curtly on her arms. "we can't tell anyone. please. don't you get it? this ain't only gonna fall on me. it'll fall on you, too," he doubts it. she wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. but who, other than them, was there to decide it? elijah wasn't gonna admit to it, that's for sure.

amidst his desperation, his hold on her is rather rough. he loosens that grip, eyes softening slightly as he does so. "we hide the body, and no one can say what happened. she could have... runoff or..." he shrugs, gesturing with a hand as it'd prove his point. [color=#54697a]"just please, joey."

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: center; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 1.4;"]I'M [I]HIGH AS A PRIVATE JET. —
Topic Options