promoting diversity
[align=center][div style="borderwidth; width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 14pt;"] I don't want to make this post long and winding, as it's something we've discussed a couple of times no real avail but,

I was wondering if there was anything that staff could do to promote diversity? I know there isn't much activity and its just a few of us holding it afloat, but I feel like promoting inclusivity and more diversity, especially within tnw, would be a big help in helping others feel included?

I feel annoying saying it now, but don't come from a place of malice, rather a place of someone who wishes to see bb, especially tnw, as a welcoming environment who has a wide range of characters with different ethnicities and backgrounds.

[align=center][font=arial][I]so, i heard the world doesn't revolve around me /:
Hoot loves your aesthetics
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]as staff, we are very aware of the lack of diversity within the new world, especially concerning race and ethnicity, and that it has been going on for a long time. i’m very glad you have brought this up now so we can make it another priority while trying to remodel and rebuild bearbones.

i know personally, i’ve been conscious about who i create and really trying to make meaningful characters who represent different backgrounds and are outside of the white, cisgender, hetero, able-bodied norm that is so often portrayed in media. i know other staffers have also been trying to do this, hoping in encourage others to make characters who are also diverse and unique, but it seems that it isn’t enough for the current community. so, after having a quick discussion to address this in a timely manner, much more time and effort will be dedicated to this, we have come to the conclusion that while we can’t tell people what they have to do or cannot do with their own creations, we can be doing a lot more to promote and encourage this. however, we don’t want to create an influx of new characters that are not genuine and made out of guilt/feeling like people had to, and for them to not stick.

firstly, we’re going to make a sticky thread in the character creation board discussing why this is important and offering some resources for research and finding faceclaims. we will also be displaying this on our front page in the “news” banner. next, we’ve been wanting to develop the loner lands more and an idea we had was to create groups and territories that inspire and foster diversity, for example: an indigenous tribe type of group. this will require much research to not do it poorly, but we’re very excited for the idea as well as the opportunity for growth here. we know seeing diversity within the main board groups is also desperately needed, so we’re going to work on some head cannons and things that hopefully can help.

we’re more than open to suggestions and ideas as well!

[align=center]
✰[b] — BABY, I'M JUST TOO WEAK
[font=verdana][sub]she ; her [color=black]/ discord : scully#2222 / dump / halfmoon
!! Just an idea, but to promote diverse characters within the (main) TNW groups, what if we did character concept adopts? It can just be a standalone adoption thread or included in an actual mass adopt thread but I’ve seen other sites do it before and I think it can help people make different kinds of characters, especially if they’re out of ideas!

They can be related to existing characters or play a part in a character’s plot, but they’re usually just totally brand new concepts. For example, you can give a basic framework like personality traits, what their background is, what their current goals or plots are, certain quirks or other notable things about them. They can all have diverse faceclaims and body types and such!

[align=center]
THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE, THANK FOR YOU FOR JOY
[div style="width:537px;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.2;color:#000;font-family:arial;margin-top:2px;margin-bottom:5px;letter-spacing:0px;margin-left:0px;letter-spacing: 2px;"]beatles ( she/her ) — beatles#1098 — dump — nikolai
[align=center][div style="width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 6pt; letter-spacing: 2.5px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height: 12px; color: #000"]I absolutely love that idea, Beats! Staff are definitely going to put that idea into effect as soon as possible so that we can encourage diversity across the site.

As well as this, in order to encourage diversity across the game, today I actively began to create a guide on diversity which will provide resources for research as well as faceclaim directories for a more diverse range of characters!

I agree wholeheartedly with the points you've made, Des, and you are completely right: we haven't been doing enough to encourage diversity on Bearbones. But, this will change and staff will make this a priority to uphold without fail.

We would be grateful for any other suggestions on how to do this!

[align=center]
I'M BURNING BRIDGES, I DESTROY THE MIRAGE
[div style="width: 400px; font-family: georgia; text-align: center; font-size: 5pt; line-height: 1; letter-spacing: 2.6px; word-spacing: 1.9px; margin-bottom: 5px;"]ALL VISIONS OF COLLISIONS, FUCKING BON VOYAGE — truce.#1303

WRITING &. PINTEREST &. SPOTIFY
yes yes yes i would love to see more diverse characters on the site<3 and that's a great idea! character concepts would be really interesting

[color=white][size=24pt][font=georgia][align=center]JOIN NEPTUNE'S RIDGE! LOOKING FOR MEMBERS AND HPS!<3
Topic Options