memento mori — open.
[align=center][div style="width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-family: andale mono; font-size: 6.5pt; letter-spacing: 2.5px; word-spacing: 1px; line-height: 14px; color: #484a4d"]tw. reminiscing on the death of loved ones

There was not a day gone by where the ghosts of Edmund’s past did not linger in the forefront of his mind. He still daydreamed about those lost in his memory, perhaps somewhat romanticized by the grief that he struggled to shake off. However, after experiencing loss on such a relentless scale, as well as being someone who seldom acknowledged his own fragility in his bereavement, it was no surprise that eventually the feelings became monumental. The build-up was unfaltering and some day he’d no longer be able to bear the weight of his own head on his shoulders as it would be so heavy with thought. But for now, Edmund would slog along, working his fingers down to the bone because honour and duty would be prioritized above all else.

Young Ida was built for speed; whilst she was petite, she was strong-willed and her frame was muscular for her age, likely from just how active she was becoming. After being introduced to botany in the more recent weeks, Ida had become besotted with the idea of exploring the forest verdure for any signs of herbs that could be used at her disposal. Alternative medicine, Ida would suggest with a smug smile. A word that she most certainly learned recently, Edmund theorised. ❝ This one is… a purple bittercress. ❞ Ida pointed out a wildflower emerging from the mulch beside a forest evergreen, hardly hesitating a second before whipping her head to the side to make sure Edmund was paying attention.

Nearby, Eddie stood with his hands tucked in the pockets of his coat, head tipped to the side to examine the lilac flower before nodding his head in one short motion. ❝ Very good. That’s something I didn’t know. ❞ Eddie pointed out, soon glancing away briefly to keep an eye on Chance’s whereabouts. The old mastiff lumbered around nearby, paws leaving heavy indentations on the rain-sodden dirt as he held his head low to the ground, sniffing at the moss that had extended across a rotting, fallen tree. Whilst observing the hound, Eddie was being subjected to a look of expectancy, Ida awaiting his full attention once more before plucking the plant to add to a bunch of wildflowers she was collecting. ❝ Yes, that’ll be a pretty one to add. ❞ He admired softly as they then continued their slow walk through the forest to reach the burial place of many that they used to know.

[align=center]
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, REPLAYING THE SCENE
[sup]AS THESE THOUGHTS START TO ASPHYXIATE ME — NOTES.

[/sup]
Topic Options