this is home — open, joining.
[align=center][div style="borderwidth; width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9.5pt; line-height: 14pt;"]Don't look for me.

Where I'm going, they eat shit's like you for breakfast.

Was the only note he'd found, hanging onto the boulder he'd sat the night prior as he and his brother huddled around the fire as he poked at him for any sort of conversation. Sage was never a talker, though, especially when he had things on his mind. No, River did all of the talking for the both of them.

But it'd all made sense now. Back when they were kids, they used to leave note's on one another's night stand — the best way that River could ever worm any type of emotion out of his brother. Most of them were simple. Sage never liked to express deep. And so these two sentences made sense, too. Some sort of last hurrah before leaving his brother — his twin— for what he'd presume for good.

It did suck.

He thought they were getting closer. That soon they'd get past the need for childhood notes to express their emotions. They'd cried together, mourning the lost of their parents, hadn't they? But no. It meant nothing, or that's what River thought at first. Rarely had he felt anger, but he did now. Sage was running again like he always had, leaving River not quite sure was to do from here.

Only that'd been three months ago and River's been sort of a vagabond, traveling with small kindhearted groups that only wished to aid, not hurt. It gave him some independence, but didn't keep his mind from Sage. Sage may have been irrational, but he wasn't dumb. He went with a set goal in mind and so where would have gone? And that's when it hit him.

Sage had always been quite curious about his aunt's side of the family before he died — invested in the stories that were whispered around a dinner table about a glamorous life that no one in his family could quite afford. Closer to their parents passing, he'd talk about it sometimes: about how he has heard that their cousin ran some group in the west coast. "They said when you see the ocean, you're close." He said it so casually, but why Sage never mentioned anything if it didn't matter to him.

So River set out on his own to find this infamous group hoping that the compass he'd snatched from someone in the last group he'd stayed would help him and he walked and walked and walked. For days, settling nights. He was running thin on the food he'd taken. The sun became brazen and he'd lost track of time. What day was it? He couldn't be sure, but he sure as hell didn't miss this heat.

"Watch it all be some lie," He mumbled bitterly to a brother who isn't there. "You come all this way Sage, for what? A rumor." Only, maybe he's spoken too soon. He stops in the distance to see it — ocean waves going to and fro to shore. "Ocean" He whispers, then louder. "Ocean!" In case this group was as dangerous as they seemed, maybe he shouldn't be alerting them to his presence. But River was never the one to consider just do. Taking off his shirt and kicking off his shoes as he progresses to the warm sand he runs to the water to let the water caress his toes. Before this, the closer he'd gotten to this were pictures. "WOO!" He kicks it up, splashing it in his face, unaware on just how close he was to passing onto territory.

[align=center][size=10pt][I]Get a load of this train-wreck
His hair's a mess and he doesn't know who he is yet
[align=center][div style="width:500px;text-align:justify;line-height:1.2;font-size:9pt;"]Flirt could share in the feeling of being left behind by a brother, though perhaps in a different way. Jack had always overshadowed her in every sense, his progress and success a great feat for everyone in their hometown to celebrate. He relished in this reverence while Flirt was chastised for her own pathway, ushered from the political world Jack had already claimed, and into the life fit better for “people like her.” Jack had always felt miles away from her, even when they’d shared the same bedroom.

He was never good at sharing his emotions, either. Once he put on the collar, he became someone else entirely. Flirt was left with vague answers and a bitter taste in her mouth, doing her own share to extend the space between them even more out of anger. She had stopped chasing after him and picking up the pieces long ago. But she didn’t like spending too much time thinking on it. It had been over a year now when she’d last seen him, it was time to stop looking.

”Yer not from ‘ere, are ya?” Their voice called out between a cigarette as they stood on the beach some yards away from the boy, indifferent as they lit the tab. Their gaze rose to the youth as their hands tucked back into the pockets of their coat, pulling it about themself. ”Not that I mind, a’course… but I’d pipe down if I ‘ere you.” They smiled a bit ominously, smoke clouding her dark gaze from him.

They’d agree with Sage. Seemed these people could very well eat him alive if they pleased.

[spoiler=TAGS ♛ UPDATED 6/25] ♛ PINTEREST BOARD && SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

BASICS ✸ THERE'RE ONLY TWO THINGS I KNOW
⤕ flirt barrows && no nicknames
⤕ nonbinary && she/they
⤕ twenty five years && may thirtieth [ taurus ]
⤕ frequenter of the badlands, travelling trader

PHYSICAL ✸ I GET UGLY WHEN THE WHISKEY FLOWS
⤕ physical health && 95% [ minor cuts/bruises ]
⤕ carries a shotgun & handgun on her

APPEARANCE ✸ WANTED YOU TO KNOW I LOVE YOU SO
⤕ long, straight dark hair ; dark brown eyes ; muscular slim physique ; five foot nine
⤕ wears western attire ; heavy coats, buttoned shirts ; cowboy hats

PERSONALITY ✸ AND I WOULD KILL BEFORE I LET YOU GO
⤕ a calm and collected traveler ; charismatic and friendly to most ; extremely protective of loved ones ; fairly easy to rile up ; confrontational and opinionated ; intelligent and observant ; enjoys travelling and trading ; untrusting to most ; independent and ambitious ; dislikes authority ; morally grey / a true survivor ; charismatic and sarcastic - a natural southern charmer

RELATIONSHIPS ✸ TAKING OFF FOR MISSISSIPPI, WEARIN' SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME
⤕ rowena barrows x abraham barrows && parents - deceased
⤕ younger sister of jacksboro barrows
⤕ homosexual, monogamous ; currently pining after grace du pont

INTERACTIONS ✸ BROUGHT YOU IN THIS WORLD & I CAN TAKE YOU FROM IT JUST THE SAME
⤕ extreme mentally | hard physically | prefers to make others to make the first move
  ↳ difficulty w/ guns [ extreme ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ medium]
⤕ non-violent power play allowed
⤕ will not attack/kill/maim/capture without asking the author
⤕ do not kill/maim/capture without asking me (eskie)
[/spoiler]

[align=center]
[align=center][i][b]my cup runneth over but i'll have another, please[i]
[div style="width:400px;text-align:right;line-height:1.2;font-size:8pt;font-family:georgia;margin-top:-2px;letter-spacing:1.3px;"]i'll only take a lover if she walks all over me
Topic Options