[/table]
[abbr=nessy made this <3]©[/abbr]
[align=center][div style="overflow: auto; width:400px; min-height: 50px; background-color:transparent; margin-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px;"][div style="overflow: auto; width:400px; min-height: 10px; background-color:transparent; text-align: justify; font-family: times new roman; color: black; margin-top: 5px; padding-top: 5px;"]
[align=center][div style="width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-family: new times roman; font-size: 8pt; letter-spacing: 2.5px; word-spacing: 1px; line-height: 14px;"]It was better this way. Lonelier, perhaps. But better.

It had certainly been lonelier trying to be hers this whole time, but now Tatiana had found herself committed to a man who wasn't even an ounce good enough for her. But that was okay, Cobain was used to being nothing more than a passive bystander in his own life. If he were to ever try make a stand, he'd more likely trip over his own feet than make a solid case in his favour. Not everyone was created equal; Teddy would win the princess and Cobain would forever remain the appallingly shifty yet unassuming drug dealer. With a reputation as monotonous as that, no wonder Cobain was so often overlooked.

But it was better this way.

Cobain rarely had luck in love. Perhaps it was a Caruso thing; Mercury had been gifted a long-term relationship and even a daughter, but not even that kind of love would last forever. She would soon break up with Colby (amicably, if Cobain were to remember right), leaving his twin a single mom in an area that wasn't fit for happy families. But, if Tatiana and Teddy could play happy family, then so could Mercury. Not everyone was created equal, but Mercury deserved that much at the very least.

Cobain, on the other hand, was not so well versed in love. As naive and foolish as he was, Cobain had enough self-awareness to say that this lack in the romance department was entirely on him — well, mostly. Probably. There had been little luck with Tatiana, and maybe that was okay. It meant that he could become well acquainted with Maeve, if that was what they called it nowadays. But, as soon as they began to get too close, too intimate, she made a swift run for it.

Maybe there was something inherently wrong with Cobain. Maybe it was his awkwardness — a type that could not even be described as endearing — or the way he stupidly fumbled for the right word when spoken to. He was known as a drug manufacturer and dealer because it was a life he had always known, but it never meant that he was fit for the job. Just a boy trying to fill a big man's shoes, Cobain would be met with little success.

It was okay, though. It was better this way.

Picking mildly at the strings of an acoustic guitar, Cobain was somewhat distracted as he sat upon steps that lead to towards the beach. A mindless tune sounded peacefully, but his thoughts were not with the music. Eyes instead lingered upon the new beautiful blonde that he had since become smitten with. Lips parted slightly and brows furrowed deeply as he glanced up to admire Corinne every once in a while. It was as if karma was making a fool of him now — as most things in life did — by bringing a woman as pretty as a picture into his life, only to find that she was a Knope.

Two women began to engage in conversation with Corinne, and Cobain wondered what they could possibly be talking about. Had they taken notice of Cobain's doting eyes, mistaking it to be more menacing than intended? He wasn't a weirdo, just shy. So painfully, awkwardly shy. Okay, he just made things weird; they probably didn't even notice his existence. Eyes darted across the scene up ahead. The dog playing on the beach, the women all so eager as they spoke to one another, the way that Cobain wished that he had to guts to just walk up to people like that. He was more used to people approaching him first and still that was solely down to Cobain's role in The Badlands. That's how deals worked, right? Cobain would never make the first move; that was simply not in his nature.

TWANG.

Cobain visibly cringed to himself at the dissonance of two clashing notes, his hand buffering much of the noise by laying his palm across the strings. This moping about was doing no good for him and his racing thoughts. Maybe he ought to approach the group at some point to assure them that he wasn't being as peculiar as he was making himself out to be. Overthinking everything was truly a bitch. Truly, utterly, exponentially. And so, leaving his guitar propped up against a tree, Cobain began to wander towards the group, hands leaving his pockets so that he could pet the dog once he got close enough.

❝ I've always wanted a dog, so I thought I had to come say hi... to the dog, I mean. ❞ He petted the dog on the head, quiet for a second before correcting with a wavering voice, ❝ And to you guys, obviously. But also to the dog. And you guys... Isn't the weather so nice out today? I thought I had to chill outside with my guitar for a while. It'd be criminal not to. Hope it wasn't too distracting... I'm sorry if it was. ❞ He smiled between Ziggy and Lillith, eyes avoiding Corinne entirely because if he did, he'd probably faint. Or die. Or both. He wasn't actually sure what would be worse. Sorry, did I interrupt you guys? I've seen y'all around before, just never actually got the chance to say hi. ❞ Well, that was because he was too awkward. Is too awkward. Too stupidly awkward...

Okay, where was Mercury when he needed her?!

[align=center][div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 410px; text-align: center; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 125%; font-family: Georgia; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"]SOMEONE TOLD ME TO BE SELFLESS,
[div style="background=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 410px; text-align: center; font-size: 8pt; margin-top: -5px; font-family: Georgia; letter-spacing: 1.5px;"]BUT WE ARE HELPLESS WITHOUT ATTENTION !
there are violets in your eyes ┊ beach (O)
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: times new roman; letter-spacing: .6px;"]corinne had been in the badlands for a few days now, slowly taking her time to settle into her new home. she still couldn't quite picture teddy choosing a place like this to be his home, but she was beginning to understand. while most places in the territory still managed to make her nerves rise, it wasn't long into her first day when she noticed the beach and found comfort in it. she loved the idea of being able to just walk out and go lay on the beach, and sure enough, she had found herself showing up to relax on it every day since she arrived.

corinne had been out there for a little over an hour, laying peacefully on her towel as the sun glared down onto her. she reached over to pet bijou on the head and the fluffy cat chirped in return, rolling onto her side to continue her catnap. corinne chuckled and began to sit up, stretching her arms over her head before leaning over to kiss bijou on the top of her head. "you stay here, okay?" as corinne stood up, she took off her sunglasses and dropped them down onto the towel, lingering for a minute to make sure bijou was all set before she started off towards the water.

the cool water made contact with corinne's skin and sent a shiver down her spine, pausing when it reached her thighs. she debated waiting a few moments for her body to get use to the temperature change, but instead ended up diving straight into an incoming wave when she got impatient with the sun in her eyes and the heat from just standing there. she resurfaced a few feet away, pushing the wet hair out of her face. corinne let out a content hum, blue eyes looking out towards the horizon, but it wasn't long before her attention got pulled by the sound of someone else near her, turning to offer them a friendly smile. "it's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

[align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: center; font-size: 9pt; line-height:13px;"]sometimes love is not enough
and the road gets tough, i don’t know why. — info
[align=center][div style="borderwidth; width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9.5pt; line-height: 14pt;"]Ziggy is indifferent towards the ocean.

It's beautiful, sure, but it makes her nervous.

She has never been much of a strong swimmer, and not like she ever cares to learn. Why? When she got just as much satisfaction in feeling the wind whip through her hair as she skated down the boardwalk. On top of that, there are things in the ocean. Wade deep enough and if the waves don't pull you under, the sharks might. It was scary to think about.

But also she gets the appeal, especially as the weather grows warmer. The ocean breeze aside, the west coast's weather could be brutal and it's no different today. So when Marley begs her to take him to the beach she isn't surprised and it doesn't take her much of a fight for her to cave.

That was thirty minutes ago, though, and right now she scratches behind Sonny's ears while she watches Marley throw himself around in the water like a pro. "You should come in!" He says, as he does every time to no avail. "I won't do that, but I'll go near the shore," she compromises. Getting up, she wipes the sand from her shorts and braves herself for the cold water that chases her feet with each step as she begins to walk down the water line, eyes someone she doesn't think she's seen before. But their family were to themselves. If she didn't catch them while skating, newcomers could be here for months before she finally meets them.

She nods before adding lightheartedly with a smile, "An extremely warm one." She sits down, sticking close along the edge as Sonny wades out to meet the newcomer, tail wagging.  "I don't think we've met before. I'm Ziggy. That's Sonny. She's nice."
[table]
[div style="font-family: arial; font-size: 18px; color: #FFF; margin-top: 105px"]'CAUSE I'M BEGGIN' YOU ・゚✧
[div style="width: 250px; height: 225px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 27px"][div style="width: 250px; height: 225px; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; color: black; "]Lillith had a habit of coming out of nowhere. She often spooked people by seemingly materializing behind them and shouting whatever came to her mind, letting folks around her believe for a moment that she was a ghost.

Sometimes, she wished that were true.

Not today, though. She'd taken a self-decided day off from caring for King and treated herself to a beach day, camping out early and basking in the sun for a few hours before eventually, lazily making her way to the water. By the time Ziggy and Corrinne had shown up, her skin was pruned.

She noticed Corrinne's submerged legs first, lightly moving around, delicate compared to the waves Lillith had been battling. When she came up for air, Lillith noticed Ziggy by the shore. She recognized neither of these people and resubmerged her face up to her eyes, watching the strangers talk before intervening.

After hearing Ziggy's introduction, Lillith hopped out of her awkward squat. "Good to meet you, Ziggy and company!" She made an awkward gesture to Corinne. "I'm Lillith. Cute dog, by the way!" She cooed a bit at Sonny before continuing. "So how long have you guys been here?"
Topic Options