let's start a riot -- open
Without Brock knowing, he had been sent to do the trade with Flintlock. But you can imagine his shock when the guards discovered the undetonated explosives hidden in some of the crates. He was quick to of course to be taken by the guards. "What the hell? Let the fuck go of me asshole!" he shouted, trying to get away going as low as to bite one of the guards. It obviously would not work.

He was brought to the lodge.

The now rather beaten up, the one-eyed kid was held as one of the guards went to get the leader of Flintlock - someone Jessie never met. Eventually, this kid would look up to see Eddie and any others who cared to join him in seeing the kid who unknowingly brought the explosives to the lodge. Jessie's eye fell onto Eddie, and even in this moment...he couldn't hold his tongue. "I didn't know they let kids be leaders" after all, babyface over there had never met Jessie and though he knew this must be the leader...may as well be worth it.

Even if he got hit again by the guards.

Jessie just laughed. From glaring at the guards to looking towards those that had gathered to see who tried to kill them "I lost my fuckin' eye. You think that hurt?" Brock didn't send him, sure, but honestly? Jessie was probably the best choice. He was stubborn and likely wouldn't know whatever they expected him to. Yeah, he'd never met Eddie. Hell, he had never met anyone from Flintlock.

But they were about to meet him.

[spoiler=TAGS 10/23]
They left us alone — general
▪ Jessie "James" | Jessie, Jess, Kid | open to nicknames
▪ AMAB | Identifies as male | he/him
▪ 17 | Born June 13th | ages real time
▪ member of Bluestem Prairie

The Kids In The Dark — physical
♦ Health: 100%
— His head is wrapped slightly, as shown in his icon with his now healed missing eye wound covered. He's likely seen in a sherrif style hat like his icon and also has a healed bullet wound on his chest. He is 5'7" with shoulder-length brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He tends to wear button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, jeans, and boots.
minor injuries: n/a
major injuries: n/a

To burn out forever or light up a spark — important events
8/30/40 Joined Bluestem Prarie

We come together — personality
— Jessie is very much a "grown up too fast" kid. He's fairly guarded and doesn't tend to let many people get to close to him. His face tends to be that of a frown or no emotion. He doesn't talk about how he lost his eye or how the hell he managed to survive it and if asked about it you're likely to get some type of snarky remark from the boy.
— Mature, Guarded, Fighter
— Sassy, Emotionless-seeming, Closed off

State of the art — relationships
▪ brock's best friend x best friend's wife | deceased
▪ Questioning | Questioning | Monogamous 
▪ Single | Crushing on no one | Maybe Crushing on no one
▪ Has some weird family-like relationship with The van den Bergs

We'll never surrender — interaction
— Physically intermediate | Mentally difficult
— Uses gun when possible, otherwise uses a barbed wire bat
— Also can handle himself in hand to hand combat in necessary
— No killing and ask before major injuries or major interactions
— To attack, [member=9567]Noccy[/member] & attack in #8F5B01
[/spoiler]

you’ve yeed your last haw
[align=center][div style="width: 430px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 6pt; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height: 12px; color: #000"]Things often got worse until it got better. For Eddie, this was - quite simply - implausible. The feats that he’d have to deal with felt more like a repetitive cycle rather than peace after a storm. When the words ❛ explosives ❜ and ❛ Bluestem Prairie ❜ were no longer mutually exclusive, it would be a sign of the very next cycle. This instance, it was right on Flintlock’s doorsteps. Did Brock not realise that there were women and children here? There were people who sought refuge in a place like Flintlock, a life that was supposed to be safe for them. Now, danger sat right on their doorstep - Eddie had so learned - in the form of…

A boy?

Eddie followed a guard out onto the front porch of the lodge, staring firmly down towards the young boy that the other guards were dragging towards the front steps. Brock had allowed a child to risk his life for Bluestem’s cause? Was this even Brock’s own doing, or did the child do this independently? The latter seemed unlikely, Edmund contemplated as he flew down the stairs, the guard close behind his heels. ❝ Where is the crate? ❞ Edmund questioned, one of the guards nodding his head towards an opening in the trees, nearby but not close enough to directly impact the lodge if it detonated, before Eddie slowly turned to look down towards the boy.

❝ I didn't know they let kids be leaders. ❞ Huh. Wasn’t the first time Eddie had heard of that. He gave no reaction to the snarky remark, unreadable as the guard hit the boy again, before he uttered softly, ❝ Didn’t know they allowed kids to be political insurgents either. ❞

The boy only began to laugh.

❝ I lost my fuckin’ eye. You think that hurt? ❞

❝ And it won’t be long ‘til you lose the other with that attitude! ❞ A guard pointed out, voice sharp and menacing, until Eddie barked, Enough. ❞ Something settled uncomfortably in his stomach at the sight of the wounded boy. Still merely a child. Was he even aware of the consequences of his actions? Eddie shifted his weight, eyes intense as they watched down at the child. He said nothing for a few moments, simply observing how the situation was unfolding. He had to make a tough decision - this boy was only a child, but he posed an immediate risk to the integrity of Flintlock Lodge. He was as much a danger as the rest of them. Unassuming but more than likely incalculable, especially with Brock and his brainwashing tendencies.

❝ What is your name? ❞ Ed questioned firmly, then adding, ❝ Do you understand the severity of your actions? We have women here. Children - like yourself - here who could have died today if that explosive had been detonated. ❞ He released a shaky breath. He could have been burying his brothers today. His lover today. His children today. Hands shook lightly with an incomprehensible anger. The soft spoken man had been pushed a step too far. He snapped, spit flying, ❝ You could've killed my fucking children! ❞ Chest rose and fell heavily, top lip curled with loathing as he raised his pointer finger at the boy’s face.

❝ Have you ever killed somebody before, yeah? Do you think that this is a fucking game? ❞

[spoiler=tags ― updated 10/28.][size=6pt]◜BASICSSO THIS IS WHERE WE ARE
&. ❝ edmund theodore stirling ❞ | ed, eddie | male [he/him] .
&. 25 years old . | seventh august ; leo .
&. currently the captain and official loyalist of flintlock lodge .
&. currently the boss of the stirling's notorious irish crime family .

PERSONALITYIT'S NOT WHERE WE HAD WANTED TO BE
&.  ambitious . brave . calm . disciplined . honorable . intelligent . leading . logical . patient . reliable . skillful . trustworthy . wise . aloof . cynical . detached . flirtatious . harsh . jealous . lustful . pessimistic . quiet . ruthless . secretive . stubborn .

APPEARANCEIF HALF THE WORLD'S GONE MAD
&.  five foot eight & one hundred and seventy one pounds ; reference .
↳ dirty blond hair kept very short and neat .
↳ stocky and well-built frame , lightly freckled skin .
↳ muted blue vacant eyes , unreadable , somewhat frowning expression .

FAMILYTHE OTHER HALF JUST DON'T CARE , YOU SEE
&. alfred stirling x leonora moray | both deceased .
&. four older siblings and two younger half-siblings .
↳ dominik stirling , dead at 32 , shot and killed by alfred .
↳ thomas stirling , 32 , caretaker in flintlock .
↳ alfonso stirling , 28 , enforcer in flintlock
↳ franklin darrow , 26 , estranged in bluestem .
↳ henry stirling , 12 , resident in flintlock
↳ ida stirling , 10 , resident in flintlock
&. also lives with two cousins , frederick and william .
&. father to thomas , charlotte , kieron and louis .
&. also father to an illegitimate child , charles .

RELATIONSHIPSYOU DON'T WANNA FUCK WITH US
&. bisexual, biromantic ; mongamous | tends to have a wandering eye .
&. ex-husband to blake kegan
↳ marriage fell apart after he cheated on her .
&. ex-lover to mickey serge
↳ he learned about his bisexuality with him .
&. lover to maxine van doren
↳ a rekindled flame where their relationship is kept a secret .

INTERACTIONSBRITISH TO THE VERY LAST
&.  [ 9/10 ] physically  |  [ 7/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ very difficult ] | difficulty w/ melees [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ difficult ]
&. [member=2919]truce.[/member] | dm for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .[/size][/spoiler]

[align=center]
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, REPLAYING THE SCENE
[sup]AS THESE THOUGHTS START TO ASPHYXIATE ME — NOTES.

[/sup]
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]joey’s grown to feel some level of safety when shit starts to hit the fan. it makes scapegoating her responsibility within flintlock as a way to avoid her personal responsibilities. ditching her infant with her sister, she went to figure out exactly what is happening.

shouts come from the front of the lodge, drawing her attention. there’s some movement, but she’s unable to tell who and what is all out there. she takes a deep breath and straightens herself out, holding her head and shoulders high as she pushes the door open. the scene nearly stops her in her tracks, eddie having guards hold back a child? while josephine didn’t exactly have any issues with it, this is a new look to the devoted father and leader to the lodge. “ i didn’t know they let kids be leaders, “ does earn an airy chuckle from joey, having to roll her lips in to stifle the smile that so desperately wants to accompany the nostril flare of a laugh; what can she says, she’s grown to really see edmund as another brother with his liking to max and that was a good one.

however, her fun is abruptly cut short when she hears explosives. now this is interesting. she can’t hold in her scoff, exposing her spot still at the top of the stairs behind the others. “ bluestem sent him? “ she asks, clearly a bit behind. the amazement is more of how nonthreatening the boy is and how he clearly failed whatever mission he’d been sent on. a very big contrast to eddie’s much more valid worry about his kids. “ [color=#990000]don’t think we need to worry all too much about them anymore, eddie “ joey lets out another curt laugh, missing that this probably isn’t the time or place for the cockiness, but what could anyone expect from her?

[spoiler=tags, updated 11/07/2020]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. ❝ josephine elena van doren ❞ |  joey, joy, hoey | female [ she/her ] .
&. 22 years old . | november first ; scorpio .
&. reaper of flintlock lodge .

PERSONALITYGOT EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
&. impulsive . outgoing . femme fatale . flirtatious . seemingly emotionless . guarded . self-destructive . obsessive . hot headed . reckless . kleptomania tendencies . selfish . brat .  assertive . loyal to those close to her . intuitive . stubborn . passionate . self-preserving . quick . nosey . reliable . non-committal . determined . secretive . resentful . resourceful . distrusting .

APPEARANCENOT WHAT YOU THINK
&.  five foot six & one hundred and seventeen pounds ; reference .
↳ blonde hair just past her collarbone, grows a dirtier blonde, lightening up as soon as any sun touches it .
↳ slim, muscular build. legs on the longer side .
↳ big blue/green doe eyes, light yet well-groomed eyebrows, full lips, dimples .

INTERACTIONSAND IF I’M BEING HONEST
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 9/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ hard ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #990000 | [member=570]scully[/member] | PM for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

INVENTORYIT MIGHT’VE BEEN A NIGHTMARE
&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 1 ] misc .
↳ one combat knife .
↳ a three piece throwing knife set
one german short-haired pointer puppy, demetri
one english setter puppy, robin
↳ a bracelet from her late mother, each one of her sisters has a piece to the same set, their mother having the biggest piece

RELATIONSHIPSTO ANYONE WHO MIGHT CARE
&. elizabeth van doren (npc) x malcolm van doren (npc) | second youngest of nine children .
↳ cassian van doren, eldest, flintlock .
↳ beau van doren, second eldest, unknown .
↳ range rover van doren, unknown & scarlett van doren, dead .
↳ auden van doren, unknown & tara van doren, dead .
↳ maxine van doren, just older than joey, flintlock .
↳ richard van doren, youngest, flintlock .
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous  . | scared of commitment, however enjoys casual fun .
&. lover to william stirling
↳ reoccurring friends with benefits.
↳ mother to rosalie willa van doren, two months old . [/spoiler]

I DON'T BELONG TO ANYONE,
[size=9pt]BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME —— INFO
tw: so much swearing, threats

"Political insurgent? Dude I was a last minute add on to bring over some supplies for you people" he spat "You're the one who thinks it's okay for kids to get hurt" he added out of pure snark, or course referring to himself as he had no other accounts to say otherwise about either party. Then the guard spoke again - as Jessie expected - threatening to take out his other eye. This would only make him laugh again "I'll remember that and you, bud" if there was any kid in this hellish world that knew they had some power it was Jessie. He knew Brock, he knew Cassidy. Once he was safe he'd make sure the guard was...visited.

"What is your name?"

Here we go.

"Jessie van den Berg" the lie slipped off his tongue so easily and believably. From the reaction he had been given, there was clearly something going on between the two groups he didn't know about. So why not watch the reactions when he lied and said he shared the last name of the leader of Bluestem. After all, Jessie didn't know his actual last name anyways and seeing as Brock was his dad's best friend - it wasn't completely a lie. Brock was the closest to a dad the little shit had.

Then the guy started going off at him and Jessie just stared. There was a lady there now too - at least she had a sense of humor. "Do you know what you did? I'm a kid, technically this is kidnapping." he argued back "And seeing as I just found my dad? He's gonna be pretty fuckin' pissed with you if he isn't already, babyface" he had such a way with words. But he had already said he had no idea about the explosive. "You could've killed my fucking children!" well, it was his fault for having kids in a time like this, wasn't it? Maybe he took them too - but Jessie wouldn't ask that. He wanted to though.

He wasn't going to say anything else...until he got a finger in his face "Yeah, I have. And I suggest you get your fucking finger out of my face before I bite it off."

[spoiler=TAGS 11/9]
They left us alone — general
▪ Jessie "James" | Jessie, Jess, Kid | open to nicknames
▪ AMAB | Identifies as male | he/him
▪ 17 | Born June 13th | ages real time
▪ member of Bluestem Prairie

The Kids In The Dark — physical
♦ Health: 100%
— His head is wrapped slightly, as shown in his icon with his now healed missing eye wound covered. He's likely seen in a sherrif style hat like his icon and also has a healed bullet wound on his chest. He is 5'7" with shoulder-length brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He tends to wear button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, jeans, and boots.
minor injuries: n/a
major injuries: n/a

To burn out forever or light up a spark — important events
10/25/40 Taken hostage by Flintlock Lodge
8/30/40 Joined Bluestem Prarie

We come together — personality
— Jessie is very much a "grown up too fast" kid. He's fairly guarded and doesn't tend to let many people get to close to him. His face tends to be that of a frown or no emotion. He doesn't talk about how he lost his eye or how the hell he managed to survive it and if asked about it you're likely to get some type of snarky remark from the boy.
— Mature, Guarded, Fighter
— Sassy, Emotionless-seeming, Closed off

State of the art — relationships
▪ brock's best friend x best friend's wife | deceased
    ↳Younger brother to Billie "The Kid"
▪ Questioning | Questioning | Monogamous 
▪ Single | Crushing on no one | Maybe Crushing on no one
▪ Has some weird family-like relationship with The van den Bergs

We'll never surrender — interaction
— Physically intermediate | Mentally difficult
— Uses gun when possible, otherwise uses a barbed wire bat
— Also can handle himself in hand to hand combat in necessary