MARVIN'S ROOM — private.
[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; line-height: 150%; color: #494949; font-family: karla; font-size: 9pt; letter-spacing: 0.2px; word-spacing: 1px; margin-top: 10px;"]he was an idiot, wasn't he?

god , he knew she was mad but was she really this mad? to vilify him , shape him into some kinda monster that he wasn't? he did terrible shit, sure, but that ain't mean everyone— not even she— was exempt from wrongdoing. they had to do what they had to do to survive, and in this case? it was no different. but of course he's the bad guy she wants to ignore because she's too stubborn to admit she missed him. elijah was good at playing the game, but only for so long. he held onto his pride by a thread, ready to bust at any moment. perhaps this was the night. alcohol had a way of exemplifying those feelings.

two shots in, the bottle of vodka he found during a search nearly empty, he sits on the floor. his back is pressed up to the side of his head, head lolled to the side. his eyes are heavy , nah his whole body is, drowning in alcohol and the emotions he feels for this shitty situation and the woman he feels for. the emotions only increase the longer they apart. vicious. enamored. angry. fucking toxic. but maybe that's what he likes. women that pained him. it made no sense, not even to him; but the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. he needed to talk to her.

he ain't think twice once the thought entered his mind. he shoves himself— rather pathetically— from the ground, stumbling over to his door. there's no one to stop him. no patrols and no mems. he was out doin' whatever mems did, probably escaping all his bumbling nonsense. anything that involved joey he was becoming exhausted of hearing. at least he ain't have to deal with her in his mind 24 fuckin' 7. but tonight, maybe she'll come to admit she feels the same way, learn to forgive him. he'd maybe even beg her if he had to.

he's impressed he's able to find her room as his peripheral spins. honestly, it does take a few tries. he knocks on some unresponsive doors before someone gently directs him towards joey's room. he's surprised he makes it, surprises he's able to find the energy to knock. he doesn't even realize that when he does, it's loud. to him, everything's muted. he has one goal. "joey!" he calls out. [color=#54697a][b]"it's eli. it's eli. i need to talk to you."

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: center; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 1.4;"]I'M [I]HIGH AS A PRIVATE JET. —
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]as if being on flintlock’s most wanted list isn’t bad enough, being pregnant definitely took the cake. and her coping method? wallowing and sleep. she’s hidden herself away, her only social interaction being max or when seb forces his way in. in all honesty, elijah only passed through her mind periodically; and when he did, an intense anger bubbles up to the surface. she hates that he thinks she needs protection and she hates that he talked her into helping him pull off this whole stunt. a shame, really, considering the fun she usually had when she was with him. the feeling just isn’t the same now and with her own stuff going on, joey can’t handle the eroding relationship too. not to mention, why should she ever have to, she isn’t the fuck up here.

at the knock, she doesn’t move, figuring it’s someone looking for maxine. then she hears her name and the voice. a groan escapes her as she rolls into her back, staring up at the ceiling for a few moments; maybe, just maybe, if she waits long enough, he’ll leave. she takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment before she finally sits up and drags her feet to the door. she presses her forehead to the door, tempted to smack it, but figures against it. finally she pushes it open, just enough to stick her head out. her eyes do widen a bit, seeing the state eli is in. but, she forces her face into a scowl.

you’re drunk, elijah, “ she states as if it isn’t already very very obvious, “ [color=#990000]i think you should go back to your
room.
“ she adds, a small shake of her head accompanying her words. “ [color=#990000]and i don’t have a problem telling mems how fucked up you got, “ joey warns, with that she goes to try and close her door.

[spoiler=tags, updated 06/15/2020]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. ❝ josephine elena van doren ❞ |  joey, joy, hoey | female [ she/her ] .
&. 21 years old . | november first ; scorpio .
&. forager of flintlock lodge .

PERSONALITYGOT EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
&. impulsive . outgoing . femme fatale . flirtatious . seemingly emotionless . guarded . self-destructive . obsessive . hot headed . reckless . kleptomania tendencies . selfish . brat .  assertive . loyal to those close to her . intuitive . stubborn . passionate . self-preserving . quick . nosey . reliable . non-committal . determined . secretive . resentful . resourceful . distrusting .

APPEARANCENOT WHAT YOU THINK
&.  five foot six & one hundred and seventeen pounds ; reference .
↳ blonde hair just past her collarbone, grows a dirtier blonde, lightening up as soon as any sun touches it .
↳ slim, muscular build. legs on the longer side .
↳ big blue/green doe eyes, light yet well-groomed eyebrows, full lips, dimples .

INTERACTIONSAND IF I’M BEING HONEST
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 9/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ hard ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #990000 | [member=570]scully[/member] | PM for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

INVENTORYIT MIGHT’VE BEEN A NIGHTMARE
&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 1 ] misc .
↳ one combat knife .
↳ a three piece throwing knife set
one german short-haired pointer puppy, demetri
one english setter puppy, robin
↳ a bracelet from her late mother, each one of her sisters has a piece to the same set, their mother having the biggest piece

RELATIONSHIPSTO ANYONE WHO MIGHT CARE
&. elizabeth van doren (npc) x malcolm van doren (npc) | second youngest of nine children .
↳ cassian van doren, eldest, flintlock .
↳ beau van doren, second eldest, unknown .
↳ range rover van doren, unknown & scarlett van doren, dead .
↳ auden van doren, unknown & tara van doren, dead .
↳ maxine van doren, just older than joey, flintlock .
↳ richard van doren, youngest, flintlock .
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous  . | scared of commitment, however enjoys casual fun .
&. pregnant ; second trimester . [/spoiler]

I DON'T BELONG TO ANYONE,
[size=9pt]BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME —— INFO
[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; line-height: 150%; color: #494949; font-family: karla; font-size: 9pt; letter-spacing: 0.2px; word-spacing: 1px; margin-top: 10px;"]"no shit," eli scoffs, face twisting in amusement. why was she stating something that he already knew? drunk and disoriented, the hints she drops for him to leave remain missed as he assured her, "i'm fiiiine." either way, he'd came here with a mission and he wasn't gonna leave until it's settled. he's afraid if he conceals these feelings any longer he may explode.

"girl, you think i care about what he thinks?" he bursts with a lopsided grin, hand reaching out to pry the door she attempts to close. "i am a grown ass man. what's he gonna do? beat my ass." discounting from the times he tried. but mems ain't a fighter, never has been and so he thinks he's exempt from that. he pushes himself through the door, relieved to find no one's here but her.

"i haven't been seeing you around lately," he says as he whips around his heels. he walks up to her, gently reaching out to take her hands in his, intertwining their fingers. "i hope you not mad at me," he pulls her closer, closing the distance between them. he feel all fucking stupid and mushy inside, but he happens to like feeling that way at her dispense. he wants to show her that.

"i missed you," leaning down he kisses her forehead, his kisses trialing down from cheek to collarbone. "i know you've me, too. you have to." he doesn't want to think about the idea that she might not think of him at all, it'd be too much to bear, and so he doesn't.

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: center; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 1.4;"]I'M [I]HIGH AS A PRIVATE JET. —
[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]she lets out an aggravated sigh when her attempt to get him to leave doesn’t work. “ i’m fiiine “ gets an eye roll, “ sure you are, “ joey mutters, she knows how much eli likes his drinks; she doesn’t exactly have much to stand on, she preferred being drunk anyway. perhaps she’s just bitter she can’t join in. “ [color=#990000]maybe you should, “ she retorts, “ [color=#990000]mems’ put more together than you. “ she says in hopes that it’d hurt just a bit. however, he opens her door before she can even properly react. “ [color=#990000]okay, elijah, what the fuck? “ she whines, really not wanting to have to deal with this now, already feeling incredibly drained.

his statement really wares on her already thin patience, “ [color=#990000]thought you’d catch the hint, “ she rolls her eyes, averting them away from him. she’s deciding that it might be best to just hear him out, then entirely shut it down and shoo him out and away, be done with it. he seems to have other plans, though, grabbing her hands. joey glares, refusing to close her fingers around his hand, “ [color=#990000]well, i’m not happy with you, “ she says bluntly, “ [color=#990000]you’re essentially blackmailing me. “ and yet, he still pulls her in. normally, this would be joey’s element, the tension she’s able to work with and use to her advantage, but this? she loathes it. she tries her best to pull her upper body back to put some space between them. it just gets worse; he kisses her forehead. forehead kisses? what were they, in a long-term serious relationship? her face distorts in discomfort, letting out a shallow breath and pushing eli.

[color=#990000]i’m pregnant, okay? that’s why i haven’t been around, “ joey finally admits, shaking her head and trying to regain her wits. “ [color=#990000]now will you leave? “ she breathes, a hand just barely motioning to the door. joey can’t even look at him.

[spoiler=tags, updated 06/15/2020]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. forager of flintlock lodge .

&. impulsive . outgoing . femme fatale . flirtatious . seemingly emotionless . guarded . self-destructive . obsessive . hot headed . reckless . kleptomania tendencies . selfish . brat .  assertive . loyal to those close to her . intuitive . stubborn . passionate . self-preserving . quick . nosey . reliable . non-committal . determined . secretive . resentful . resourceful . distrusting .

↳ blonde hair just past her collarbone, grows a dirtier blonde, lightening up as soon as any sun touches it .
↳ big blue/green doe eyes, light yet well-groomed eyebrows, full lips, dimples .

↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ hard ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ hard ]
↳ combat information .
&. attack in bold #990000 | [member=570]scully[/member] | PM for any major plots .

&. [ 2 ] weapons | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 1 ] misc .
↳ one combat knife .
↳ a bracelet from her late mother, each one of her sisters has a piece to the same set, their mother having the biggest piece

&. elizabeth van doren (npc) x malcolm van doren (npc) | second youngest of nine children .
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous  . | scared of commitment, however enjoys casual fun .
&. pregnant ; second trimester . [/spoiler]

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; line-height: 150%; color: #494949; font-family: karla; font-size: 9pt; letter-spacing: 0.2px; word-spacing: 1px; margin-top: 10px;"]she's aggravated , and rightfully so.

they were in a . . . predicament , a mess. something that could maybe not be fixed by a simple 'sorry' but for once , elijah is willing to put the effort it takes to get through it. this was just a blip and if things go as planned then. . . they was gon' be alright. yeah. of course , for the regular person , that was easier said than done. but elijah wasn't your typical regular. he only marinated in the consequences when they was presented in front of him, and at the moment, they didn't seem as obvious. as long as the body wasn't found, and no one raised any questions, they were doing great as far as he was concerned.

mems is more put together than him , she says , and he admits , it bites. it isn't the first time he's heard it; his brother was everything that he wasn't in acceptable terms. but quickly , he decided , this is what she wanted. she wanted to hurt him , try to get a rise out of him. get his attention. okay, she got it. "I'm not blackmailing you," he disputed. "we was in that together." she helped him hide the body, right? what control did he have over her besides a simple plea. she ain't have to do it, but what mattered is that she did.

why was she so upset? she ain't know the person, and if that meant her potentially being outcast, shouldn't she be relieved? by then, or even now, he hoped to convince her. remind her of the little piece of heaven she was missing while they was apart but of course, they ain't get such a luxury. his lips are hovering over the end of her shoulder when she spits the words out,  "I'm pregnant." he didn't realize he'd staggered back ever-so-slightly, displaying a very obvious look of shock. he'd pulled out in time didn't he—

little did elijah know, he wasn't the only person she kept in her bed. everyone else could have known before he had, but he was so wrapped up in joey herself that all of the signs fell to deaf ears for him; he wanted to believe that what he felt was mutual. wanted to believe that maybe, just maybe, he and joey could be a thing. it's why that, even though he knew there was no way in hell he was ready to be a father, he is so willing to take it in, "that's fine— that's—" he takes a step forward but stops briefly at her shattered disposition. so scared, but she didn't have to be. he was here. "listen joey i knew i fucked up a lot, kind of what I'm known for, but if this is— if you're serious i'm here for you. i'm not going to leave. just give me a chance." he'd promised himself he wouldn't have kids, but if that time ever came, he'd be the father his father never really had the chance to be. "just—" he takes another careful step forward.

[align=center][div style="width: 400px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: .6px; color: #494949;"]she doesn’t tk now why she’s so upset by aiden dying. she didn’t know her and didn’t really even know alfie. joey’s watched the life run out of someone before, from her own hands, but they had all been men. men who almost preyed on josephine from the time she lost her parents, men who tried to swindle money from the van dorens, men who crossed her. not some woman just trying to live her life and do her job... sure, if she had been a threat, joey wouldn’t have a problem, but she just hadn’t been. she was probably checking on them, letting them know the group was moving on or heading back towards the lodge. joey shields her actual emotions from essentially everyone, finding it a lot easier that way, apparently that meant elijah thinks she wouldn’t care about an unjust murder but somehow expects her to be head over heels for him. hm.

sure, maybe blackmail isn’t exactly the right term, but joey isn’t interested in the semantics now, making her roll her eyes, “ fine, gaslighting, whatever. “ she scoffs, remembering how he convinced her with just a mention of his brother, “ [color=#990000]really shit if you ask me, you aren’t the only one with siblings here. “ as much as joey is unloyal to her many lovers, she gets what it’s like to lose family. she’s lost just about all of hers, just out of the eleven person immediate family, four are left. and, in her eyes, eli used that against her, manipulated her. it might not have been too big of a deal before, but now knowing who the woman was and how she’s connected, joey feels like she’s on the losing side; something she’s never been fond of and will do anything to jump ship.

then, pile a fucking baby on top of that. the wildest part, joey, notoriously repulsed by the annoying things, is keeping it in hopes that she can play the card later. even with all the complications that come along with it, it seems like her best shot at the minute. but, elijah’s reaction is making her rethink it all already.

her hands go up, almost covering her ears, but a few inches away from her head, essentially shaking, “ [color=#990000]this isn’t about you! “ joey cuts him off. “ [color=#990000]for fucks sake, this is about me and will, “ she retorts, glancing at eli, “ [color=#990000]unfortunately, but it has absolutely nothing to do with you. “ joey wants him to leave, but she’s failed to realize that elijah is under the impression that it is his child. the thought never even crossed joey’s mind, she’s been sleeping with will since the camping trip and has had many more encounters with him than the couple with eli. the chance of it being eli’s is so slim, joey just didn’t even really consider it.

[spoiler=tags, updated 08/24/2020]BASICS[color=#990000]I HAD A DREAM

&. reaper of flintlock lodge .

↳ combat information .

↳ one combat knife .

&. mother to rosalie willa van doren, newborn . [/spoiler]

Topic Options