[/table]

[align=center]  [ SHE'S NEON, SHINE YOUR LIGHT! ]  
[abbr=perpetual emo phase / college sophomore / taurus / osh-l / msg 4 skype sc discord etc / crows is my best friend - crows]info[/abbr] + thread hub + [abbr=fucc u it was 185 not 186 - eskie ; spills paint whoops i ruined it - fangs ; *handcuffs u to my weird bird foot* - crows ; pee kink - aporia]friends[/abbr]
[table]
[/table]

[align=center]
oh, what a time to be alive!hub
[table]
[/table]

[align=center]  [ SHE'S NEON, SHINE YOUR LIGHT! ]  
[abbr=perpetual emo phase / college sophomore / taurus / osh-l / msg 4 skype sc discord etc / crows is my best friend - crows]info[/abbr] + thread hub + [abbr=fucc u it was 185 not 186 - eskie ; spills paint whoops i ruined it - fangs ; *handcuffs u to my weird bird foot* - crows ; pee kink - aporia]friends[/abbr]
(paradise) — private
[table]
[align=center]
[color=transparent]<3
[color=transparent]claire loves u!
[align=center][size=9pt]JADE

THEY SAY WHAT YOU FEEL AIN'T ALWAYS TRUE ・✧
despite the beeping of the microwave, the drills from the construction work upstairs, and the faint boom of a bass drum next door, all jade could hear was the faint sound of her breath.

the wall looked awfully interesting today. she knew there was no time, no time at all, but her hands and feet were sinking into the bed as if they were being pulled down by bricks.

she couldn't get up. not after what had happened this morning.

"you think you're the only girl with these..big beautiful eyes?" the man held a finger to her chin and tipped it upwards. "i know thousands of other women like you. talk back to me one more time and i'll make sure you never see this little hellhole again."

jade wanted to say something else, then - that he was only her manager, that her career was in her hands, but for the first time in her life, she was struck dumb.

she squeezed her eyes shut and groaned. fine. she wouldn't go. in fact, she'd rather die than grace them with her presence. who did they take her for, anyway? a "second-level slut", as one of the cameramen put it? no, the man just wanted to put her in her place, that was all. jade was a top-level slut. they needed her more than she needed them.

she threw her legs off the bed and glanced to the digital clock in the corner; 9:42. helena was probably still up. she should pay her a visit and let her know what was going on.

she took a quick scan around the room. she should probably bring her something..a snack? she spotted a box of cookies she received yesterday. that would do.

jade snatched them up and leapt out of the door. she looked through the peephole of the room directly in front of her.

"heeey!" she grinned, rocking back and forth on her heels in anticipation.
[align=center]
[color=transparent]<3
[align=center][size=9pt]helena saint-jean

don't go wasting your emotion. lay all your love on me
it's 9:27 when helena wakes up from the 15 minute nap she'd allowed herself to indulge in, a small treat for finishing her latest article for buzzfeed for less than 12 hours after the deadline. it's still two hours late, but she's been trying to use a more "positive process of cognition", whatever the hell that meant. she just knows that whoever came up with the idea of "just think happy thoughts" most definitely did not have immigrant parents who wanted them to find the cure for the common cold or cancer, whichever one would earn them the nobel prize. the theory of positive process of cognition was in the same vein as "majoring in happiness". she'd heard of a girl doing that at an ivy once. of course, she was a white girl from the upper west side of manhattan and not a first gen kid from central florida. if helena told her parents she was majoring in happiness, they would've laughed right in her face, cutting her out of their will all the while.

at 9:30, she's opening her laptop again. she has an epidemiology test in two days that she should definitely study for, and yet her fingers slip and type in netflix instead of quizlet -- a simple mistake, really. her dinner, minute rice and leftover shrimp scampi from the night before, spins around in her secondhand microwave as she scrolls through her watchlist to see what she hasn't watched yet. she decides on cheer just as her microwave goes off, and at 9:32 she's grabbing her food and sunny d in a wine glass she "accidentally" walked out of restaurant with and making her way back to her couch.

at 9:37, she spills half of her sunny d all over her shirt, an oversized t-shirt advertising a barbecue joint downtown. she takes it off and throws it in her laundry hamper on her way to grab another shirt, this one a usc trojans shirt she thinks she might've gotten at orientation her freshman year. on her way back to the couch she gets more sunny d -- in a tumbler this time, one with a no-spill lid -- and at 9:41, she's back to watching jerry give his famous mat talks.

it's not even an entire minute later that she's up on her feet again. she knows who it is before she even hears the voice, because none of her other friends do anything spontaneously. some of them she hasn't seen in weeks, because their schedules and the stars weren't aligned in her favor. it's jade, it's always jade. she unlocks the door and goes back to her spot on the couch. no need to tell her surprise guest to make herself comfortable -- jade will do that anyways, regardless of whether she tells her to or not. still, helena decides to be polite.

"so what's new?"
[align=center]
[color=transparent]<3
[align=center][size=9pt]JADE

THEY SAY WHAT YOU FEEL AIN'T ALWAYS TRUE ・✧
Oh, how Jade loved Helena. Her neighbor was always willing to lend her  a hand when she needed it. Last week, she helped her with the new coffee table she ordered on a whim, and the week before, she set aside everything to join her in cleaning up the mess her blown-up vacuum cleaner made all over the living room. And she was totally okay whenever Jade stopped by to have a chat. She often wondered what she'd done in a past life to deserve someone like her.

But today, Jade lingered at the entrance for a bit, leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed. She felt something bite at the back of her mind (her conscience, perhaps?) before shaking it off with her trademark cackle. "Well," she began, inviting herself in like Helena had saw coming. "I don't really know..."

It was at this point where Jade would flop onto the couch, throw one leg over the other, and begin to talk her head off. Today was no different. "You see, I went to the studio last night. And my manager..oh my God, I've told you about him before. Total pile of horseshit, that pile of bones. Anyways, I went to the studio and I guess I wasn't doing something right, or whatever, and he came up to me and said that he would kick me out of the place! Like, can you believe?" she gesticulated wildly throughout all of this, barely looking up to meet Helena's eyes. "And, and..well, I said something back. And then.." she dug into her lip, feeling her eyes well up involuntarily. "I don't know. I didn't go back today."

Jade sat there in silence, a rare treat for the ears. There wasn't much she could do, she realized. If she didn't show up for a few more days, her management would come up with some sort of excuse and replace her.

She let out a sigh that came out from the depths of her being. Her disposability was never something she had considered before.

"Phew! Anyways.." she tucked her hair behind her ears and straightened herself up. "enough with me. How's your week been going, dearest?"
Topic Options